• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

peterd79

I have the opportunity to trade a Gretsch Electromatic ProJet for one of the AX40's in the "pink" (trans purple/magenta) colors that was the limited run. The previous owner has installed a ToneZone and Air Norton and filed the Floyd knife edge just a bit to increase stability -

Here's the questions...

how the quaity of the AX40 over all and has anyone put the aforementioned pickups in?

ive had the gretsch for about 5 years and have played it just about as many times... doesn't see the light of day with my SBMM and EBMM days... so trading it/selling it is a no brainer for me... just thoughts on this particular run. is it a workhorse? or sell it and get another SBMM...

xjbebop

We bought that exact model at a clearance price some years ago. Love the 'pink' finish. It gets played some, but not a lot in our house.
Left it stock and it's a very solid performer as is.... great little guitar! Better quality than most other guitars costing twice as much, naturally...
I suppose if you played it more often and had particular needs....

peterd79

We bought that exact model at a clearance price some years ago. Love the 'pink' finish. It gets played some, but not a lot in our house.
Left it stock and it's a very solid performer as is.... great little guitar! Better quality than most other guitars costing twice as much, naturally...
I suppose if you played it more often and had particular needs....

I'm clearing out the house so to speak of anything not EBMM or SBMM... when i love a company i'm ALL IN... i can't stand the guitar i've got that is going out as trade... i like the "pink" and thinking with the upgraded pickups it'll really be a solid guitar.

Razzle

I guess that's like a fuscia or hot pink, right? Not like the regular Axis in pink?

spychocyco

If you hate the Gretsch, I'd say go for it. What have you got to lose? One of those pink AX40s popped up used on GC a month or so ago, and I thought hard about it. Couldn't justify spending the money just to get the interesting color since I already have an Axis and an ASS, but it was tempting.

SBMM

The GC exclusive AX40NB-TP (it's official model designation) was indeed a limited run instrument.

Stock pickups were our SBMM design humbuckers based on the MM DiMarzio "Axis" pickups. The Tone Zone and Air Norton are a fantastic upgrade to that guitar, especially if the price is right!

Anything else you need to know about it, just ask!

Top Bottom