• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

HeavyDuty

I've lusted for an all rosewood necked bass for years, and finally did something about it - I have a white SR5 on the way. Were many basses built from the November 2014 special order period? I can't say I've seen many around.

JayDawg

Music Man doesn't release numbers but every one had to be made from orders placed. I got an all rosewood neck Bongo 4H in candy apple red with an abalone pick guard. It's in my keeper for like club.

HeavyDuty

Oh, I'm not looking for production numbers - just a rough idea of how common these are. If the 2014 ordering window was a month, I can't imagine there are a huge number of them out there.

I've lusted for one ever since I saw a EBMM guitar with a solid rosewood neck a few years back - it was probably from an earlier run. The feel of the back of that neck on my thumb was amazing!

muggsy

I'm pretty sure the order window was a month, as usual, and I haven't seen many over the years. I did find a used Big Al 4SSS with all rosewood neck a couple years ago and snapped it up. The neck is incredible - I sold a Big Al 4H from the black sugar/roasted neck run after getting the SSS, and I prefer the rosewood neck to the gloss finish on the roasted.

JayDawg

Yes, the order window was approximately 1 month long. I would guess and I stress that this just a guess but probably less than 100 total were made. I know my Bongo was the only one like it made thus making it a one off. I wish the next order would be like the all rosewood neck but of a roasted neck. I would get a firemist purple Bongo 4H with the roasted maple neck.

Top Bottom