• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

peterd79

So it's been a long time coming and actually have a second NGD coming this week too...

My wife and I are adopting so my involvement on the forum the last two years has been extremely limited at best.

So let me start off with the Guys and Gals at SBMM are some of the finest folks outside of the EBMM camp you can find in the industry. Thank you for all your hard work
My first experience was with the LK100D just blew my mind. Then I was at my local GC and found a SBMM Stingray that has been such a joy to play. After a year I dropped in some PAFs and PIO tone caps and it kills every LP I've ever picked up.

I found this particular piece locally through another sales forum and struck up a conversation with him about the guitar. At the end of the day he wanted my electromatic Gretsch in trade. Since I can't stand that guitar I was on point to trade. He even offered to put in a Tone Zone and Air Norton and throws in a HsC. I already felt like I was ahead on the deal but sure upgrade away bud.
It has schaller locking tuners and looks flawless. Plays like a dream and really versatile
View attachment 31913

Gundar

I'm really impressed with the quality of the Sterling line. I'm jealous because when I started a few moons ago the "affordable" guitars were junk. That's a great looking guitar. Nice score!

Last edited:

xjbebop

Congrats!
We've got one just like it... very solid instruments!
And that beautiful 'fuchsia' finish can not be ignored ;)

SBMM

Just a hint. If you want it to "pink out" even more, put it out in the sun for a day or two. The finish will lighten up even more! That particular color has a reaction from the aniline in the color much in the way of vintage instruments react.

peterd79

Just a hint. If you want it to "pink out" even more, put it out in the sun for a day or two. The finish will lighten up even more! That particular color has a reaction from the aniline in the color much in the way of vintage instruments react.

Perfect... i have it hanging up on my wall that gets some light... it's absolutely GORGEOUS... the color photos a bit darker but man its awesome. I'm playing it A LOT and have only had it for a few days...

peterd79

Excellent! I'm glad you were able to snag one of those.

Me too... i was afraid it wasn't going to happen... but now my "fleet" is all EBMM or SBMM minus a very special strat that was given to me... its loaded up with Abby Yberra pickups and just whistles dixie all day long

peterd79

I'm really impressed with the quality of the Sterling line. I'm jealous because when I stated a few moons ago the "afforable" guitars were junk. That's a great looking guitar. Nice score!

I agree... the affordable stuff as of the last 10 years or so has gone through the roof. The quality of the SBMM stuff in my mind is absolutely on par with a lot of companies american made stuff...
I've played some three letter variants of the AX40 that are just junk and 3-4 times the price tag.
Brian and his crew are just doing a fantastic job... couldn't be any more proud of them and playing their guitars

edhalen

I agree... the affordable stuff as of the last 10 years or so has gone through the roof. The quality of the SBMM stuff in my mind is absolutely on par with a lot of companies american made stuff...
I've played some three letter variants of the AX40 that are just junk and 3-4 times the price tag.
Brian and his crew are just doing a fantastic job... couldn't be any more proud of them and playing their guitars

Congrats Peter on a great score! I too, echo your sentiments. I'm playing a very special (thanks Brian and Pete!) SBMM JV60 which I've upgraded pickups, tuners, and saddles. It is, without a doubt, THE best MM guitar (EBMM or SBMM) I've ever played - and I've owned a Reflex, Morse, ALHH and a Silo PDN Starry night. The SBMM's are that good!!!

Last edited:

peterd79

What did you upgrade the pickups to? new tuners and saddles... do tell... I've got the Valentine upgraded by Pete and it smokes
wanna know how you made it even better

Congrats Peter on a great score! I too, echo your sentiments. I'm playing a very special (thanks Brian and Pete!) SBMM JV69 which I've upgraded pickups, tuners, and saddles. It is, without a doubt, THE best MM guitar (EBMM or SBMM) I've ever played - and I've owned a Reflex, Morse, ALHH and a Silo PDN Starry night. The SBMM's are that good!!!

edhalen

Glad you asked :). I put DiMarzio's in it - PAF 36th anniversary bridge in the neck position and an AT-1 in the bridge position. They SMOKE! The guitar resonates for days. Massive sustain. Graphtec saddles and Schaller locking tuners. I even replaced the knobs with black EB knurled knobs. With the pickup split switch upgrade from Pete I get some really nice single coil sounds as well. The neck is absolutely perfect for me. The only things missing are a compensated nut (the most underrated EBMM feature IMHO) and SS frets (not a must-have but would be unreal - maybe someday). I LOVE this guitar!!!

Top Bottom