• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

guertzi

Hi all,

I might pull the trigger on that particular model (and return to the EBMM family :)), but I am wondering about two things, so you guys can hopefully help me out:

1. The frets seem to be Medium Jumbos (kinda). Is this true or is it just my imagination?
2. Does it have no boost function (as opposed to the regular model) or could the push/push pot possibly be broken? When I played it in the store, both pots (neither volume nor tone) sported this kind of function.
Unfortunately none of the shops employees was able to answer me those questions :(

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

Rock on
Guertzi

Fro

I have a SN Luke so I can answer your questions.
1. It has stainless frets that are bigger than the stock models. I agree they feel the same size and the medium jumbos on my strat.
2. It has the same boost function as the stock models. There is a push/push on the volume knob. Not a push/pull, a push/push.

jones4tone

2. Does it have no boost function (as opposed to the regular model) or could the push/push pot possibly be broken? When I played it in the store, both pots (neither volume nor tone) sported this kind of function.

When I got mine, the push/push was finicky. I raised the knob on the shaft slightly, and it works great now. It could be as simple as that with the one you saw.

guertzi

NGD: Luke III Starry Night

Allright, here she is! These are the pics the shop took of this instrument for its online shop.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg