• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gfex

Hi
I would like to get a steve morse model. Initially I focused on the traditional model (the 4 pick ups one) but in these days I have found a good deal for one second hand y2d (euro 900 brand new....). Should I go for it? Thanks

gfex

Is there a huge tonal difference compared to the standard version? I know it misses the slanted single coil....

fbecir

900 € for a Y2D in Europe !!!!

Deal of the century ! Or something is fishy ...
Be cautious

I paid 1200 € for my AL and it was a really a great deal.
Here in France, the price for a second hand Y2D is 1400 € or more.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Is there a huge tonal difference compared to the standard version? I know it misses the slanted single coil....

Steve has gone on record saying he basically doesn't use that pickup during live performance, and will generally only use it in the studio when he has a particular itch for that slanted single coil sound, which he doesn't get often. Y2Ds are excellent guitars, you'll be happy with either type of Morse.

jwp333

To me, that neck single coil opens up a lot of stratty sounds by itself and in combination with the other pickups. Plus I have to say I enjoy the switching on the original. Y2d is fine but I think it's worth it to wait for the original if this is your first or only Morse.

gfex

The reason of such low price is because the guy is a bass player who wanted to play also guitar and bought such a beauty....now he understands guitar is not for him and wants to cash it to get a new bass....in the price he will bring me the guitar to my home on Saturday (well not really at home but not far from where I live)....therefore I can check it personally...in the past I had an original morse (4 pu) with floyd rose and I really liked it. I was obliged to sell it because of some problems. But I promised to myself sooner or later I would have got another one....now this good deal arose and I am really tempted....

MusicMan_Luke

My Y2D is a beast, really. I have a LII (my fav by far), and a JP7 (which is a dream to play), but the Y2D have something that I can't explain, and I really love to play on. And the look, omg, quilted maple top, purple sunset, best combo.
No doubt that 900€ is THE deal. Check the guitar if there is no problem.

gfex

656c2c98ab019fac8bf954cad35d77cd.jpg
a85a5049a43803527b5c54e9177e6640.jpg
e802814b8b17167843657dff9c7dbdc6.jpg

Here are three pics the seller sent me by email....it is really a beauty...
Which colour is this?

gfex

I would like also my wife could see it in this way....I am not sure she will...

kestrou

I've been out of pocket the last few days or would have posted sooner - welcome aboard the Morse train! :)

Kevin

gfex

At the end the seller could not come on Saturday....in the meantime I found a 4 pu one I mint condition at 1000 euro...I think I'll go for it. As I said I already had it and liked its versability a lot....

gfex

So...here we are....at the end i got the 4 pu one (I managed to pay it 1000 euro...quite a good deal). It is amazing....brand new basically.
I am really happy to have this guitar among my mm collection again ...I was really missing it.

Top Bottom