• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mrmckinney

I was hoping someone could help me determine what all DIFFERENT pickups EBMM makes. If i understand correctly, the Axis and Reflex share the same pickups. I understand that the HSH model GC has different pickups than anything else...? What about the Valentine neck pup, Silo 20th Anniversary, Armada, AL, etc... I'm just curious as I evaluate my stable of guitars, what I might be missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmckinney

I understand a lot of this info is out there but it's not all clear and not all in one place. Was hoping someone would have info. I have read in my searching today that many of the newer models have in-house designed pups (Armada, Valentine, Stingray, Cutlass, StV) so now I wonder if, for instance, the Stingray, Armada, and Valentine all share the same humbuckers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beej

The 20th Silo had Dimarzios. The AL either has (SSS) Duncans or the (HH) Dimarzio pickups used in the Axis & Reflex.

I'm not sure about the specifics of the MM-wound pickups found in the Armada, Cutlass, Stringray, StV, or Valentine, other than the obvious (single coils, mini-hums, humbuckers, etc.) I haven't seen a list of specs, though I wouldn't really expect to.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
The 20th Silo had Dimarzios. The AL either has (SSS) Duncans or the (HH) Dimarzio pickups used in the Axis & Reflex.

I'm not sure about the specifics of the MM-wound pickups found in the Armada, Cutlass, Stringray, StV, or Valentine, other than the obvious (single coils, mini-hums, humbuckers, etc.) I haven't seen a list of specs, though I wouldn't really expect to.
Armada, Cutlass, SR, and Valentine are all in house. STV is DiMarzio mini-buckers. All the basses have MM pickups.

The Valentine, Armada and StingRay do not use the same humbuckers to the best of my knowledge. When we have a different model Dudley will wind and voice them to that particular guitar.

Top Bottom