• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Smellybum

So
I've had my Armada for about 6 months now.... and it's the best of everything, - I can't put it down, it's actually getting me to play more and more every day.

my question is.... why aren't these in everyone's stable? have you guys tried them?

jones4tone

Same as Greg, I have never seen one in person. I've purchased EBMM guitars without having played the model, but nothing so different from the others. I've always been intrigued by them, though.

beej

Ditto. Always been curious, haven't had the opportunity. Terrified that I'll love it and buy another guitar.

peterd79

I don't own one... however, they are incredible guitars. I've played them at NAMM and fortunately couldn't buy it on the spot and then the Valentine was released... so... there ya go

johnnyboogie

High-quality build can be guaranteed, but in the end I believe that it's about the design-shape, finish, and how it looks.

Last edited:

Kinjin

If an Armada were to appear at a local shop, I'd love to try one and most likely bring it home with me. Especially if it was that blue...

I've special-ordered each EBMM I own, but many times I've at least been able to try one out before placing my order... I have yet to see an Armada "in the flesh". :(

[rant]
Stores within a 50mile drive of me (so ~8 or so) never have any EBMM in stock. They can always order me one, but *I* can always order me one! If I wanted to order a guitar, I'm not going to drive to a brick and mortar store to place an order, this isn't the 1980's, I have the internet on my phone, ffs. I leave my house and drive to a store to have something in my hands *now*.
[/rant]

mrmckinney

I've been trying to trade for one for a while with no luck... I'm gonna break down and buy one at some point... hopefully soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhull

At my local GC, I've seen Majesty, Various JPs, Luke, St Vincent, Cutlass, Silhouette and Morse.

Never seen Armada, AL or surprisingly an Axis. I have seen several SBMM Axis though.

BUC

Love love love my Armada. It's got mojo for days.

For guys used to Morse's or especially the older Petrucci's, it fits very differently on the strap. Look at where the straplocks are compared to the Morse. If you're a les paul player it's probably pretty close to that.

However, there's something about that guitar that I can't put down. Play it all the time.

KasperFauerby

Honest truth - they are not for me visually. In fact, I think they are outright ugly. BUT that's of course a very personal matter of taste. I have no doubt about the quality and tones... it's a MM instrument after all ;)

Jamie M

I wouldn't even think about trying one, to risky as I would probably have to hammer the credit card as I am sure I would want it after trying.

Jamie M

Honest truth - they are not for me visually. In fact, I think they are outright ugly. BUT that's of course a very personal matter of taste. I have no doubt about the quality and tones... it's a MM instrument after all ;)

I have that view of the AL. Visually it does nothing for me but I am sure its a beast to play like all MM guitars.

Top Bottom