• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

clmjlg

I have been flirting with the idea of getting a bongo for a while, and when I found this beauty on Reverb I had to pounce. I was saving up for the firemist purple because the bongo with the black hardware looked amazing, but I found this 2015 Bongo 5 HH dark pacific blue and new this was my next bass. It has an ebony fretboard as well, which only made the purchase that much more amazing.

Now for my impressions. The first thing I want to put to rest, and it was a concern of mine at first, is the playability of the painted neck. I have played on many oil stock necks by music man, and this painted neck plays just as well. There is no difference to me when I play this bongo with its painted neck or my roasted maple neck big al. Both play super fast and there is no drag with the painted neck. I also cannot believe how comfortable the bass is to play both standing and sitting. The sound is also impeccable. I paly in a cover band, and begin able to simple turn the pickup blend knob a little to get something that is extremely plucky and then go the other way to get a smooth powerful tone is awesome. I am extremely happy with this bass.

I have never seen this color on a bongo before, so I am guessing this might be a rare bass, but if anyone knows that this was a color option, I was not looking at bongos until recently, please correct me.

IMG_0296.jpg
IMG_0297.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0299.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 185

jones4tone

Gorgeous color! Congrats on that score.

Question: Do you have a signed model release on the Basset Hound? :p

five7

Never seen that color either, very nice. Congrats!

clmjlg

The dog, Bruce Wayne, is always ready for a picture. However, he really hates all things bass. It's something we are working on.

mmbassplayer

Never seen a blue Bongo with black hardware and Ebony board. Anyone know if this was a special run or an artist bass? JOSH

clmjlg

The guy I bought it from was a professional musician. Didn't see his name but he also had stealth bongo which he said was this bass' twin. Seems like they were a package deal when the guy bought them.

Top Bottom