• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DreamTheaterRLZ

My favorite is "new/other" This is a category that Ebay needs to do away with altogether. It is totally abused by way to many people. It should only be allowed to be used by authorized dealers who have a floor model or demo. 90% of the "new/other" stuff I see listed is used gear for sale by an individual. I haven't been around long here, so I won't tell you how I really feel. LOL But no Sparky, the guitar/amp/pedal etc you bought new 6 months ago and "only played for a few hours in your smoke free cat free dust free "studio" is NOT "new/other" and I don't want to pay 95% of new price for it. I can get a better deal than that FROM a dealer on a new one! It's "USED" and will be bid on accordingly. In fact, I'll bid less since you called a used item a new one. :eek:

It didn't used to bother me too much until a few years ago. Quickly became a pet peeve when one guy who claimed to have purchase an amp 2 months before and wouldn't provide a receipt, DID give me the serial number and it had been registered with the manufacturer for over a year... and by someone else. HE bought it used!

Then a "new/other" item listed as "opened package only to plug in and verify that it worked before listing it for sale" item had at least 3 visible scuffs/marks. Dude, I've got 10 year old amps that don't have that many marks on them...

Sorry, rant over. Yeah,ebay can be a trip. :D

Golem

But no Sparky, the guitar/amp/pedal etc you bought new 6 months ago
and "only played for a few hours in your smoke free cat free dust free
"studio" is NOT "new/other" and I don't want to pay 95% of new price
for it.
I can get a better deal than that FROM a dealer on a new one!
It's "USED" and will be bid on accordingly. .....................

Uh-huh ... and Amen.

I was in the local GC and was playing their Sterling HS4 which was
tagged slightly below new, and neither marked as new nor as used.
Some word like "Special" was on the tag.

When I asked for clarification I was told that it was a RETURN, sold
new a week ago. Not a trade-in, therefor not "used". I insisted that
was wrong. The salesdood asked me what I thought the price ought
to be and so I told him that $950 was the going rate [this was a few
years ago] so he put it to me "Would you pay $950 for it right now?"

Well, I did exactly that and I still have it :)

FWIW, eB@y never makes ME laff .... NEVER !

Last edited:
Top Bottom