• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GospelBass

I Just purchased & picked up a 40th anniversary edition of Old Smoothie. Having had other StingRay basses before, I have numerous allen keys in various sizes. However, on this particular bass, the saddles are stainless steel and the holes at the top of the saddles are bigger are bigger, I cannot get any on the allen keys I have to work. Is there a particular allen key I need to get to lower my string height?:confused:

Karl

I had the same problem with the Allen key supplied with Ernie Ball's own toolkit.The 1/16 did not fit the grub screws in the saddle so I tried the other smaller Allen keys in the set but none fit. I went to my toolbox and got the right one for the job. A bit sloppy in my opinion and it is something that I did not expect from EB.

WillyD

Ernie Ball, Inc.
Hey Guys,

Our Musician's Tool Kit has both the 1.5 mm & 1/16" wrenches.
You want to use the 1/16" for bass saddle height adjustments, the difference in size is 0.004" and the 1.5 will not work.
The print on the wrenches is very small, but they are labeled.

If the 1/16" did not fit the screw it could be a result of a wrench that became rounded or the height screw was stripped.
If you have any issues with a new saddle we will get you taken care of right away.
Please email me directly: [email protected]

dtyndall

I've got an issue with several stripped saddle adjustment screws -- shot you an e-mail Billy :)

Top Bottom