• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Austin AL

I recently got a morse standard, and while I really like it, I believe I would like it a lot more if it was set up for three pickups, ala his Y2D. Is there anyplace to get a new pick guard that will fit the standard, but with the pickup/control layout of the Y2D?

beej

You can get a replacement pickguard. But a less expensive solution might be to just ignore the neck single and simply replace the 3-way lever with a 5-way and wire it up like the Y2D. Then you can remove the "add bridge" toggle, or use it for a coil split or something (this is what I currently do).

Gives you a more intuitive control layout, with the option of the extra pickup if you ever want it.

Gio_Force_One

That's exactly what's getting done to mine right now. I'm haven't the three way switch made into a coil tap. Can't wait to get it back from the shop .

Austin AL

You can get a replacement pickguard. But a less expensive solution might be to just ignore the neck single and simply replace the 3-way lever with a 5-way and wire it up like the Y2D. Then you can remove the "add bridge" toggle, or use it for a coil split or something (this is what I currently do).

Gives you a more intuitive control layout, with the option of the extra pickup if you ever want it.

Do you have a wiring diagram for that?

beej

You can use the Y2D wiring diagram (email the CS folks - in my sig), but you have to marry it with the Morse wiring diagram for the 3-way. And if you want to use the toggle for the coil split, that also changes things a bit.

Fender74

I like the idea of the push button switch I feel like mine is always in the way

music gate

Hi! Is it regular switch i can buy in every electric shop? I have morse model and i have same problems... :(

beej

Is which a regular switch? The 5-way lever? You need a super switch, or something with multiple sets of poles.

Easiest is just to call Music Man and buy it from them directly. But you can get something similar from other vendors.

Top Bottom