• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tollywood

Hello friends!

I've been away for a while, but I'm back. I haven't been able to play guitar for about two years, due to getting carpal tunnel surgery on both arms. The surgeries went well, but just as I was recovering I accidentally pulled my left thumb backwards and ripped the ligament in there, resulting in a trigger thumb.

Coming to the forum while I was trying to forget about guitars was bumming me out, so I took a break from all things guitar related.

Well, six weeks ago I started playing again. Two weeks after that, I ran into a drummer I know.
I said, "Hey man, give me a call if you ever want to play together". He called me a week later and said his rhythm guitar player quit and invited me to join his band. So, in the last three weeks I've learned 14 songs of the 40 they play. We are playing out on Saturday. I will join them for a few songs several times throughout the evening.

I used to have a PDN Honeyburst Axis from the 2012 run. I sold that one. Here is a link to that guitar:

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball-music-man-guitars/55896-ngd-pdn-axis.html?highlight=

I found another one just like it, so I bought it and it arrives tomorrow.

http://forums.ernieball.com/members/17948-albums1340-picture32086.html

I'll play out with my Black Sugar Axis and the new Honeyburst.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Bryan

Last edited:

jzeijen

I was wondering where you went! Welcome back. Now let's get some pics of your guitars in here to refresh our memories :)

Razzle

Hey Tollie.

Just like it?!?!? Looks like you upgraded!!!

I bought Tollie's Axis and still have and love to play it!

Congrats on your new PDN!!!

jones4tone

Tollie, I can't imagine how torturous it must have been to be unable to play for that long. Congrats on persevering through the recovery and rehab, and your new band gig! That sounds like a blast.

The new Axis is a beauty! What a PDN run that was... I hope the delivery truck comes early for you tomorrow. :)

xjbebop

*repeating everything said above...^^^^

Welcome back, and hope ALL the healing continues successfully!

...and good gawd that axis is gorgeous!

kestrou

I'm getting a little teary-eyed here... it's like a Disney movie where everything always works out at the end!

Ma! Pa! Brother Tollie is home - and he's got a gee-tar with him again! :)

Kevin

Sweat

Welcome back Bryan, sorry to hear what happened but nice you came through and got back a guitar you loved. I can relate not been able to do much or play since an auto accident last November.

Long story but short version, in Tulsa visiting my brother, idiot runs a red light at over 60 MPH and t-bones my brothers truck on the passenger side(guess who was the passenger)need less to say have not been the same since and can't play much and can't handle anything heavy.

Hope you continue to get better.

Tollywood

Well, I must admit that I am a wicked sentimental guy, so all of the kind words you guys are saying really mean the world to me. And, Keith, I'm really sorry to hear about your car accident.

Yes, two years without playing was terrible, but in the six weeks since I think I've regained about 75% of my former abilities. My finger tips were soft, but are now hardening. I won't say that I had to relearn to play, but rather that I feel a little clumsy, yet I am improving daily.

It's funny that you guys mention the nicer top on this one. I really loved the flame top on my first one, but this quilt top does seem to be on fire, which is pretty awesome!

I was wondering where you went! Welcome back. Now let's get some pics of your guitars in here to refresh our memories :)

ebmm 2.jpg

ebmm 1.jpg

and, two Lukes that are in their cases right now.

Last edited:

dibart77

Well, I must admit that I am a wicked sentimental guy, so all of the kind words you guys are saying really mean the world to me.

Actually, just last week we all had a thread where we were, like, "Where the hell did that Tollie go. Screw him!" :D

Just kidding!!! Good to have you back!

agt

Welcome back, bro! Great to see you around here again and glad to hear your recovery went well and that you are playing again.

I did all your axes, but especially the pinkburst AL with the clear pickguard!!! More pics of that one please if you get a chance.

Top Bottom