• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Musicfreak1988

Hi,

Been a long time lurker / member, and I couldn't find any recent info on this:
1) Is the SLO Special option also available on left-handed basses? I haven't seen any.
2) I know there's been talked about the weight, but has anything changed in the last few years? I've got severe back problems that don't allow me to use a heavier bass for a 5-hour set for example. I ordered a few 'Rays (4 and 5) and also a Sterling to deal with this, but ironically, the Sterling was the heaviest of the bunch (I believe 11.5 lbs). However, after years of looking around, I did find a lightweight lefty Stingray 5, but no luck on a Stingray 4 so far. I guess this hasn't become an option by now (?). I really want one, but I don't want to order a new one if there's a chance that it'll be 11 lbs like the Sterling.

Thank you for your time!

sam

WillyD

Ernie Ball, Inc.
SLO Special option is available for Lefty Stingray 4's, not many out in the wild but you could certainly order one.

Unfortunately, we do not offer the option to specify weight and still build with ash, as with all wood species the weight varies.

Many retailers are now listing weights in their descriptions or usually willing to get the weight(s) for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom