• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mrmckinney

Just received my new (to me) Armada in quilted blackburst (I'm guessing at the color name as I've not called cust service yet). What a stunning guitar. I love the look. The neck feels absolutely nothing like any other EBMM...feels like the thick end of a baseball bat. It is comfortable but I've gotten used to my Reflex and Axis necks now and this will take some adjustments. Anyhoo, enough of that... here is the evidence...😜
9d70add1f133fe27bca157cf5e7fe2b5.jpg

e7e5b1aaa41cb0f9bd52712556832873.jpg

b8a1aab15732e2cdc3827502be47e540.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jones4tone

Sweet! Congrats, sir! Is that color different from the black that is currently offered?

How much more room do you have on that wall for new hooks?

kbaim

Just received my new (to me) Armada in quilted blackburst (I'm guessing at the color name as I've not called cust service yet). What a stunning guitar. I love the look. The neck feels absolutely nothing like any other EBMM...feels like the thick end of a baseball bat. It is comfortable but I've gotten used to my Reflex and Axis necks now and this will take some adjustments. Anyhoo, enough of that... here is the evidence...��
9d70add1f133fe27bca157cf5e7fe2b5.jpg

e7e5b1aaa41cb0f9bd52712556832873.jpg

b8a1aab15732e2cdc3827502be47e540.jpg

Balls to the Wall ^

mrmckinney

Hehe. There are still 2 hooks you can't see.... only problem is I told the wife I'd reduce the number of guitars I had. Lol. So 1 more and I think I can say I kept my promise.... (after I sell the other 4 non-EB guitars you can't see)🤣

jzeijen

Congrats! I love my Armada, it's the LP guitar I always wanted but couldn't get along with. Entered the Armada..

kestrou

I was in the Armada "not like it" camp when they first came out, but they're growing on me...

Have never put my paws on one - and am sure that would make all the difference in the world - especially in a transparent black quilted finish like that! :)

Kevin

mrmckinney

Thanks, guys! It really is a beautiful guitar. I have played it a couple hours now and it feels great... different but great. I find that certain songs are easier to play on it for some reason. I do kinda wish they'd used a wax/oil finish on the neck as I miss that when playing it but it's a subtle thing. Workmanship is obviously impeccable.

mrmckinney

Yeah I noticed how much bigger it looks on the wall! It doesn't "feel" bigger, I don't think (other than the neck). I'm not sure on the weight. I've only played it sitting so far... I'd guess 7-8 lbs... my strap locks will be here tomorrow and then I'll have a better feel for the weight. I'll try to weigh it tonight. It's not uncomfortably heavy.

mrmckinney

I really feel the need for a SSS or HSS option... but don't want to get rid of any of these... and want to keep sleeping in my bed... lol

Wahoonc

Hehe yeah but I think it's come to a stop. Lol. Wife might kick me out if another box shows up.

Build a shelter with the guitar boxes and take them with you. Priorities!

Top Bottom