• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mobass

I played a caprice and absolutely loved it. Is the P pickup standard size? Not that I'd want to change the pickup, would any P pickup fit?

kinopah

I know Ian of New Found Glory swapped his Cutlass P pickup out for a Duncan one since he endorses them.
So I'd assume they are swappable with Caprice as well, but they are slightly different pickups so couldn't say for sure?

Instagram

GregP

The pickups in the Caprice complement each other. I'm not sure if changing one would give you the sound your looking for. What tone are you looking for, btw?

Imho, I think you would be better served investing in a preamp(I use the MXR bass preamp) than by changing out the neck pickup.

GregP

I'm thinking you could try out the Cutlass pickup. That has the best chance of fitting. Again, I'm not sure how well it will work with the bridge pickup. EBMM basses are designed very holistically.

Edmang

Where would you get a Cutlass pickup? Do not think EBMM sells the pickups apart from the entire bass.

mobass

I may have meant the caprice. I tried the single pickup version. I loved the sound but it may be too hot for my Motown band unfortunately.

kinopah

You mean the Cutlass, which is the single pickup version.
I can guarantee nylon tapewounds will cut the hotness and give a terrific Motown sound! ;)

bovinehost

Administrator
I may have meant the caprice. I tried the single pickup version. I loved the sound but it may be too hot for my Motown band unfortunately.

Try the Cutlass or the Caprice in a live situation, ESPECIALLY a Motown band. Call me in the morning and I'll listen to how your life changed.

GregP

Try the Cutlass or the Caprice in a live situation, ESPECIALLY a Motown band. Call me in the morning and I'll listen to how your life changed.
For the full life changing experience don't forget to install Cobalt Flats. :)

Top Bottom