• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

xjbebop

Hello. My name is Xjbebop….and I’m an addict…
Addicted to AL’s that is! I spotted and adopted this fabulous specimen on the 4th of July.
It’s a 2008 MM90 trem in Graphite Pearl. It’s in pretty good shape for its age. There is a wee bit of visible fret wear, some minor scuffs and scratches, and a bit of oxidation on some of the screws. Its last home was near the ocean so that explains that. It’s a player, that’s for sure. A quick cleaning, fresh strings and set up and it plays & sounds fabulous. :D
I’ve wanted to add a ‘standard’ MM90 trem (ash body & maple neck) for some time. The Graphite Pearl finish is gorgeous (to me anyway..) and seems to be rather rare. I found lot’s of pics of it on JP’s and basses, but almost no other models. It’s often referred to as Gunmetal Gray, which is understandable because it’s pretty much the same thing. As is typical of so many EBMM finishes, it’s difficult to capture the true nature of it in pictures, and it changes depending on the lighting. I was really surprised how dark it looks in direct sunlight. The black Ice pick guard and trem cover came stock, and it was first shipped to Dubaldo’s. I’m very pleased with it so far…. And the figuring on the neck & fret board aren't too bad either...

35730719732_e5ea11d70d_o.jpg

35859454626_bd848ae46f_o.jpg

35730719922_eecd8f8a25_o.jpg

35730720582_933b07a088_o.jpg

35859455006_217cd26deb_o.jpg

35730720872_b7a54a4e56_o.jpg

35859454316_602694b9a8_o.jpg

;)

Last edited:

jones4tone

I have bebop's back here: he may be an addict, but he's not a liar. :)

It was visible before, and it's a swee looking AL!

GWDavis28

I know I saw it yesterday in the Albert Lee Photo thread. :D

It has that matching (yuck) headstock thing though, hahahahahahahahaha.

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

fixed... I hope... I don't have time for this hacker poo-poo anymore... ;)

I happen to prefer matching headstocks, so there.... :p

Thinking it might be neat to start another thread for folks to post pics of just Graphite Pearl, Egyptian Smoke, and Black Sapphire (or whatever that one was called...). Haven't seen much on those finishes.

Last edited:

spychocyco

Nice. That neck is awesome, and I always did love a black ice pick guard. Wish I could find one for my SB4.

Magic Jason

Nice. That neck is awesome, and I always did love a black ice pick guard. Wish I could find one for my SB4.

Pickguard Heaven: Pickguards for Every Guitar made me one for my AL HH last March.

Top product, top service, great price.
I highly recommend them!

PS
Told me back then they didn't have much "Black Ice material" left. But all you risk is an e-mail! ;)

xjbebop

I checked their site last night & didn't see it anymore. I've purchased a few p/g's from them... including my custom 'Tele' AL p/g.
Never hurts to call & ask though....

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
What an awesome AL! The pg and the neck are the real stars for me. I was just thinking that I love maple boards but I don't have a single guitar that has one.

Top Bottom