• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jason2112

A while back I posted in the Guitars Wanted thread to hopefully find a Carbon Blue Silo Special. My first Ball was a Carbon Blue Silo Special, '08 or '09 I think (whatever the last year of that color was). I loved the color but I ended up selling it because I was convinced it just wasn't Strat-y enough. I had always remembered how great it felt to play, though, and decided to look for another one.

Forum member Gundar was kind of enough to reach out to me to let me know he had a Carbon Blue Silo Special he wanted to sell. Got it a few days later and it's everything I remembered it to be. This one is identical to my old one, but I'm not letting this one go so fast. When i compared the Silo to the Cutlass, yeah I can hear some differences but I attribute that more to pickups since both guitars are voiced differently. I've got plans for this guitar (Fender Fat '50s and a Suhr Thornbucker) and I know it won't disappoint.

Anyway, big thanks to Gundar and here's a pic:

SA6QPDm.jpg

And my old one:

B33ILlu.jpg

Tollywood

Very nice! It sure does feel good to get one back that you let get away (or, one just like it).

Enjoy, and please let us know when you modify her. Good luck chasing the dragon. I love a good tone quest.

Wahoonc

Congrats. I'm not sure I've seen that color silo before. I like it a lot.

GWDavis28

Silo Special in Carbon Blue, outstanding!!!!

Congrats, the Silo Special rocks!!!!

Glenn |B)

lock-ny

That is sweet and with those pups is gonna scream. I'm a fan of the silo special have 2 of em going back 15 years, one of the best guitars ever made IMO....

Jason2112

Thanks everyone and I agree, the color is quite special. It's hard to get good pics of it, but the color is beautiful in person (esp in sunlight).

dibart77

I like this color. Very rare, I think. You don't see this color too often. Congrats! Enjoy it!

Top Bottom