• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

overtime

I have had my SR5 30th Anniversary for about 2 months now...I have watched videos of people reviewing it...But where it really shines is when you play it out in a live band setting....Wow did Musicman do this Bass right. The thing that comes to mind is SMOOTH and Punchy without being Harsh. I have owned ten musicman basses and can truly say that this bass has inspired me to play. Thank you again to Pete Dubaldo at Dubaldo music and AJ at Musicman for everthing they have done for me....And the whole Musicman family.After playing for 30+ years its like being with and old friend.Thank you.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
I have had my SR5 30th Anniversary for about 2 months now...I have watched videos of people reviewing it...But where it really shines is when you play it out in a live band setting....Wow did Musicman do this Bass right. The thing that comes to mind is SMOOTH and Punchy without being Harsh. I have owned ten musicman basses and can truly say that this bass has inspired me to play. Thank you again to Pete Dubaldo at Dubaldo music and AJ at Musicman for everthing they have done for me....And the whole Musicman family.After playing for 30+ years its like being with and old friend.Thank you.

We're glad you like it, thank you!

JayDawg

I 100% agree with this. I absolutely love my 30th Anniversary. In fact, since I got it, I have rarely played my other basses.

scottbass71

Loving the reviews on the 30th Ann. SR5 I have 2 Questions for whoever wants to answer them
What is the ordering window for these basses?
Are they available as a fretless?

Thanks

Scott

JayDawg

Loving the reviews on the 30th Ann. SR5 I have 2 Questions for whoever wants to answer them
What is the ordering window for these basses?
Are they available as a fretless?

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

No, they do not come in Fretless. The only options available or with a Maple or Rosewood fretboard.

The ordering window at EBMM is usually 3 to 6 months on average but you would need to talk to EBMM customer service to get a specific window. However, if you check reverb.com or get on Guitar Center or Musicians Friends websites, I think they have them in stock.

With mine, I ordered it the day after the bass was announced at NAMM. My bass was finished on 02-27-17 and the Guitar Center I shop at got it I believe on April 2nd.

PeteDuBaldo

Here's a late reply but thanks for the order! I'm glad you are enjoying the bass, these are very special pieces and deserve to be played, and played some more.

Here's some torture for the rest of you to see what has been coming out of the factory this month

Ernie Ball Music Man 30th Anniversary StingRay5 – Rosewood fretboard, lightweight! – duBaldo music

30th-Anniversary-SR5-Rosewood-E42922-SQ.jpg

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
The SR5 is my favorite EBMM so I really should have one of these....oh and I love trans white and maple. But I saw the 30 Annv after I placed and order for three new EBMM basses. Hopefully they will still be available once I have my new trio safely home.

Tollywood

The SR5 is my favorite EBMM so I really should have one of these....oh and I love trans white and maple. But I saw the 30 Annv after I placed and order for three new EBMM basses. Hopefully they will still be available once I have my new trio safely home.

ho ho, I have not seen someone with the ebmm sickness this bad in a while. You sir, are out of control. In a good way, though. :D

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
ho ho, I have not seen someone with the ebmm sickness this bad in a while. You sir, are out of control. In a good way, though. :D

I have had it before... but never this bad. This time it is fueled by a friendship with and a real job that allows me to order the EBMM basses I have always wanted. I used to work for a shop and I would take home a portion of my pay in basses, mostly EBMM but now I have a cool wife that allows me to purchase gear and I hand her all my gig money every week. It is a neat little deal we have worked out.

But the real struggle is between getting an SR5 30th or an Old Smoothie in Butterscotch. Being as I am working on an all Natural theme.... I know which way I am headed.

BSW

I just purchased my MusicMan 30th Anniversary Stingray 5 rosewood fingerboard. i love ti its great. I emailed EBall to see how many were made but they would not provide info. I have only seen a few with rosewood I wonder if any one know how many were made in rosewood?

Thanks

Top Bottom