• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

overtime

My recent aquisition is a 30th Anniversary SR5...thanks to my wife Charlene...we have been married 25 years and have 9 beautiful children together. I have always called her CHARBEAR. Because her name is Charlene and she is a Bear in the morning when she wakes up.So this bass is just that. What's your story.

Golem

I don't intentionally name basses. Dozens of basses
have always gone nameless. Even the USA SUB that
was built on my birthday has no name and that bass
is definitely the ONE that I feel kinda personal about.

However a certain Desert Gold Boingo somehow had
come to be known as "The Infamous Orange Boingo"
but if you're asking for a Freddie or a Lorraine, no go.

Staff at the local GC had named a gold-on-white SR5
"Marilyn" [after Marilyn Monroe].

Last edited:

Edmang

Probably is not pointless to those that name them. Not my thing, but must mean something to those that do.

five7

The one in my avatar is named chell after my wife.

bovinehost

Administrator
The trans-green (really yellow) Stingray 5 I had (and will probably have again someday) was "Heinz" from the moment I opened the case in 1999. (Strummer is the current caretaker in Sweden.)

The green with flames Bongo 4HH that Sterling gave me is, of course, "The Flaming Biff". It could not have been annything else.

The others are nameless but you never know.

oddjob

My Fritz The Kat Lime Green Bongo picked up the name "Kermit" from someone here on the forum (not naming any names but I believe he has the previous post) and it has stuck.

Karl

My Fritz The Kat Lime Green Bongo picked up the name "Kermit" from someone here on the forum (not naming any names but I believe he has the previous post) and it has stuck.

LOL.....It must be an American thing as we don't name our instruments in the UK. I guess its just a cultural difference.

oddjob

LOL.....It must be an American thing as we don't name our instruments in the UK. I guess its just a cultural difference.

It is the only one that picked up a name (probably due to its uniqueness) so I don't think it is cultural... just special instruments

Karl

It is the only one that picked up a name (probably due to its uniqueness) so I don't think it is cultural... just special instruments

Mmmm......Strange!
That reminds me,the next time I purchase a fat plectrum I must name it Miss Piggy!

agt

I owned 3 EBMM basses and the same number from the F brand over a couple of decades before I got my HH Sterling. It is the bass I wanted all those others to be and the perfect instrument for me. It is named .... Sterling.

I haven't ever really named instruments, but I named the one pictured below. It's a Starry Night PDN Stingray 5, so I call it "Van Gogh."
Stingray 2 b.jpg

koogie2k

My bongo is called Warhammer. Because it has been beat up so bad and continues to fight.

Last edited:

danny-79

I think they have to earn a name.
SunBlue (cause it’s sunburst under blue) (definitely my #1 keeper).
Leighton. The first gig I played with it was a wedding in, you got it Leighton and it rhymes with LE. (My other #1 keeper)
Herbie. (It’s a competitors brand, I refinished it in VW 1970’s Orange so it got the name Herbie (its since been refinished duck egg blue) (I say it’s a bass I wouldn’t miss but works great for long sets with function band as it’s so light, keep the StingRay’s for real business.
And the rest are nameless

Top Bottom