• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jason2112

I've been curious about the ASS semi-hollow and pulled the trigger on this one recently. It's in perfect shape and the top is just wild (that top sucks, right? :D ) This is the first ASS I've played with a rosewood fingerboard - aesthetically, I prefer maple (esp with a painted headstock) but this is a nice piece of rosewood so it's all good.

I'm preparing for a huge move so I haven't had much time to really play it, but it did remind me of my biggest frustration with the ASS that I had conveniently forgot about - no height adjustment to the pickups. I usually lower the pickups quite a bit in all my guitars, I just prefer the tone. I'm also trying a set of Slinky 10's instead of the D'Addario 9's that I usually use. I was hoping for a deeper, woody tone but I need to fiddle with it some more.

Enough jibber jabber, here's some pics:

riYEgz3.jpg

i0nbWDo.jpg

Jason2112

Hey Jason2112,
A huge move where?
Wait, let me guess...Bangkok?

(Rush reference!!)

Awesome! lol I'm moving from California to North Carolina. After 44 years I need a change of pace, scenery, culture, ....

Fro

Congrats! I'm going to have to get a semi hollow some day.

Wahoonc

Love that finish on the ASS semi. I have the same finish on my MM90 semi. Beautiful. Congratulations!

And how about the weight. The semis are so light. Love it.

Top Bottom