• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Gamr23

In 2011 I purchased an amazing Sterling 5 HH in Pacific Blue Burst with matching headstock used (nearly mint condition). I have so fallen in love with this bass, as it is by the far the best sounding and easiest bass I have ever owned or played. (a ringer for this one) .jpg So this thought began to enter my mind, if this bass was ever stolen, or damaged, could I replace it? So I did some searching on the web, and have come to the conclusion this bass, in this color option is pretty rare? Am i right? And is it possible to even get a Sterling 5 HH from the company like this ever again?

Any truth/wisdom to this post, would be greatly appreciated. :)

EBMM Fan for life!!! (after you play the best nothing can compare!)

Bert

Every bass is an individual and two complete identical looking ones doesn't sound (as long wood is involved) the same.
Pacific Blue Burst was an production model color. A lot (if not thousands) of combinations were possible back in 2011.
You won't get a bass identical with your mentioned specs anymore new from the factory - only used, but remember each is an individual.

steevo

I'm yet to see another one the same as mine. Seen one with a rosewood fretboard, one with a HS pickups but not HH natural with maple neck. I love mine to bits, if anything happened to it I'd have to have another, any colour combo would do.

7b118c0622f96c00fc4f2221cad902b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamr23

Thank you for your reply

Every bass is an individual and two complete identical looking ones doesn't sound (as long wood is involved) the same.
Pacific Blue Burst was an production model color. A lot (if not thousands) of combinations were possible back in 2011.
You won't get a bass identical with your mentioned specs anymore new from the factory - only used, but remember each is an individual.

I guess maybe I should of clarified my question better, "I meant to say" if you contact Ernie Ball, will they take custom orders? Would it be possible to have them make a Sterling 5 HH for me in Pacific Blue Burst? (I would gladly pay to have mine replaced)

Thx :)

Top Bottom