• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

engage757

Ok everyone, pics would be great, but which sparkles on EBMM basses have their been? Also, which models came with roasted necks? I am debating making it my mission to get all the sparkles and all the roasted necks. Any help is appreciated!

drTStingray

There were lots around 2000 but my favourite was fuscia sparkle - a rose pink colour - very rare but I think Musicman Nut had one.

More recently, Cardinal red and emerald green.

Lighter sparkles as opposed to the heavy flaked ones, blue dawn and Autumn redrise are good.

muggsy

There have been a few PDN runs with roasted necks, which you could get on almost any available instrument at that particular time. The black sugar PDN in 2012 and the neptune blue in 2014 are two that spring to mind, because I bought basses in both of those offerings. So you could theoretically get any model in the lineup (except the Game Changer and maybe one other) with a roasted neck.

Edmang

Starry night from 2016 had sparkles and roasted neck with ebony finger board.

There was a roasted neck with pau ferro fingerboard, mahogany body honey burst finish for the 2012 PDN.

engage757

Yeah I have starry night! Did cardinal red and the green come in the bass models? Was the rose one the champagne colored one that was on reverb recently?

Edmang

Cardinal Red and Emerald green were available for the bass models.

Tollywood

My Emerald Green Luke III used to have this roasted neck, but I traded the neck to Mario for an all rosewood neck. I love it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Rod Trussbroken

The finishes that were actually referred to as "Sparkle": Black, Pink, Red, Silver, Fuschia, Glacia Blue, Gold, Grenlin Green, Midnight Blue, Orange, Status Blue and White Sparkle.

Then there's finishes with sparkle in them: Blue Dawn, Burnt Apple, Autumn Red Rise, Autumn Red Burst, Caramel Apple Delight, Sequoia Gold, Black Magic Crystal, Dargie Delight, Metalflake Green (also called Madden Green), Sledge, Metalflake Brown.

There would be a lot more.

I have pics of them but it would be a mammoth task to load each and every one.

Last edited:

drTStingray

The finishes that were actually referred to as "Sparkle": Black, Pink, Red, Silver, Fuschia, Glacia Blue, Gold, Grenlin Green, Midnight Blue, Orange, Status Blue and White Sparkle.

Then there's finishes with sparkle in them: Blue Dawn, Burnt Apple, Autumn Red Rise, Autumn Red Burst, Caramel Apple Delight, Sequoia Gold, Black Magic Crystal, Dargie Delight, Metalflake Green (also called Madden Green), Sledge, Metalflake Brown.

There would be a lot more.

I have pics of them but it would be a mammoth task to load each and every one.

So Gav, what is the difference between pink and fuschia? I think fuschia is the one in Bert's picture?

Rod Trussbroken

So Gav, what is the difference between pink and fuschia? I think fuschia is the one in Bert's picture?

The picture I have under "Pink Sparkle" turns out to be the one in Bert's post above. I compared it to he pics I have of "Fuschia" which are darker. But it could be the lighting as the "Pink Sparkle" has been taken out side in bright daylight. It's owned by "Musicman Nut" (Dave).

Rod Trussbroken

fuschia20170730-16756-1g01ao6_960x.jpg

This pic is claimed to be "Fuschia"

pink_sparkle20170730-19412-12gh6s8_960x.jpg

This is what I believe to be "Pink Sparkle".

I thought they were two distinct finishes. But I suppose they could be the same finish under different lighting???

Edmang

Hard to really compare. If you look at the pickguards and fretboards, they have different colour tones.

Top Bottom