• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Astrofreq

A friend told me I should check her out and her self titled album is amazing. No wonder EBMM gave her a signature guitar. I know these forums are a shredder's paradise, but seriously, her songwriting is amazing!

Guitar Drummer

When I bought my EBMM St. Vincent, in St. Vincent Blue, about a month ago, I had no idea who she was or anything. I figured she must be some kind of guitar genius. Even Steve Vai carries on about her incredible approach to guitar. I just bought the guitar because it caught my eye [attaching pix of mine].

While I'm not understanding her guitar genius, and maybe it's just me [I'm not seeing it], I have since become a fan of her songwriting and own all of her albums, including the one she did with David Byrne. Like me, she went to music school for a few years, wondered what a degree would do for her drive to be a rock musician, and left.

I'd describe her music as what it might be like if Laurie Anderson and Captain Beefheart had a baby, then hired Siouxsie and the Banshees as daycare, with Adrian Belew as a wet nurse.

I recommend all of her albums. Her music videos are innovative, too. She's done some interviews that can be found on YouTube; she's interesting, fun, and very creative.

I also recommend the EBMM St. Vincent guitar. Feels great to play. She mixed the "St. Vincent Blue" color herself for the first release. And although I already have 14 guitars, I'd like to have the St. Vincent in black.

01 copy.jpg 02 copy.jpg 03 copy.jpg 04 copy.jpg 05 copy.jpg

Magic Jason

Sadly guys, I must admit that I'm yet to find the way to fully appreciate her music.

That aside, I think it is just fantastic that MM chose her.

At first she is a lady and that's much too rare in the "signature business".

Then, she seems too have been deeply involved in the design and making of her model. MM and her released a formidable and original instrument that truly reflects her music and personality.

Ps
With all due respect, I'll add that she's way more attractive than John, Albert, Luke and Steve...
(You still remain my heroes, gentlemen!)

Last edited:

GWDavis28

I've been listening to her for a while, I listen to a lot of alternative music and they play her stuff. She is talented and knowing she was playing the AL HH before getting her own guitar didn't surprise me at all.

Glenn |B)

Astrofreq

Sure, her music isn't for everybody, but either is Dream Theater or Steve Morse guitar instrumentals. To each his/her own. I instantly dug it, but I also love music that 20 years ago I couldn't have fathomed listening to. My tastes have changed in huge ways and I think for the better. :)

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
I was just thinking that Annie is actually the only EBMM signature artist that I haven't gotten to meet. She's apparently quite personable despite the sort of inaccessible artsy image that has been cultivated for her. Sterling and her have apparently really hit it off over BBQ.

Top Bottom