• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Kinjin

Hey Casey,

With everyone spitballing their dream EBMM's on the other thread, it got me thinking of all the discontinued options over the years, ad in particular the last large wave of nixed things (piezo, colors, neck/fingerboard choices, some pickup configs, etc) and I was wondering if there has been much demand for any of that discontinued stuff? Is that something you all keep track of? Is there anything that's strongly being reconsidered as something that may be reintroduced?

Side-but-sorta-related, with the ending of the PDN program and the resurgence of the BFR offerings, any chance we get that 12th fret marker back (or as an option, even?)

Regards,
Joe

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Hey Casey,

With everyone spitballing their dream EBMM's on the other thread, it got me thinking of all the discontinued options over the years, ad in particular the last large wave of nixed things (piezo, colors, neck/fingerboard choices, some pickup configs, etc) and I was wondering if there has been much demand for any of that discontinued stuff? Is that something you all keep track of? Is there anything that's strongly being reconsidered as something that may be reintroduced?

Side-but-sorta-related, with the ending of the PDN program and the resurgence of the BFR offerings, any chance we get that 12th fret marker back (or as an option, even?)

Regards,
Joe
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been able to monitor the forums as closely for the last week/10 days.

As far as I know, most of that stuff was either discontinued because we just had to pare some things down. We already have an extensive library of build codes that equates to tens of thousands of models with varying wood, pickup, and color combinations. At some point we need to reel things back in to help keep overhead down.

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that our signature models are what EBMM are mostly known for, so unfortunately some of the models we aren't known for had to take a bit of a back seat.

Of all people that buy our stuff I'm with you guys that it sucks you can only get new Silhouette Specials in black or white, basses don't get piezo anymore, etc, but I'll always say never say never. We update our lineup and bring things back all the time, so just keep an eye/ear out.

Etudica

The BFR logo is the last thing I'd want to see again. We all are so different, it's just impossible for MM to please us all. ;)

I preferred the BFR 12th fret logo, but only because it was just a bit more ornate than the standard shield inlays everywhere. The inlay could have said WTF for all I care.

The point is I'd like to see some more creative inlay work again, even if just at a single or couple frets. We had the starry night PDN run with no inlays whatsoever, so maybe we can get a fancier inlay pattern soon???

GWDavis28

It's old argument right, some liked the 12th fret logo and others didn't. I wasn't sure at first, but when I got the Black Sugar AL with the 12th fret logo I really like it.

The Dargie Delight really started that whole thing I think, even though the JP had the shield logo.

See I preferred the older mini dots, but that's me, I'm sure there are those that prefer the more standard sized fret dots and that's cool too.

Just some thoughts. Glenn |B)

Top Bottom