• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
I have two Big Als - silver and red. After the Bongo, possibly my favorite 5er on earth. RIP, Big Al basses. :-(

bovinehost

Administrator
I have a hard and fast rule, which is this: if I'm being paid, I will wear pants. If it's a lark or for charity, sorry, it's shorts.

Also, if it's summer in Texas, pay doesn't matter. Surviving does!

So.....yeah, I got paid for that gig, but you see? It was HOT.

Oldtoe

Intestinal Poltergeist
Remind me to get my brother some sort of large plush toy to replace whatever zombie pillow is in his bass drum.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
I have a hard and fast rule, which is this: if I'm being paid, I will wear pants. If it's a lark or for charity, sorry, it's shorts.

Also, if it's summer in Texas, pay doesn't matter. Surviving does!

So.....yeah, I got paid for that gig, but you see? It was HOT.

You win this time! I guess if you're in a skate thrash band its ok to wear shorts, or if you're in Slayer I guess you're supposed to have cargo shorts on.

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
Excellent! That is the kind of band I want to be in. I would go to all of your gigs! That is my idea of good musical fun right there.... and of course a bass player playing an EBMM with flats,....AND that bass player being Jack. Too cool man. Love it!

bovinehost

Administrator
Excellent! That is the kind of band I want to be in. I would go to all of your gigs! That is my idea of good musical fun right there.... and of course a bass player playing an EBMM with flats,....AND that bass player being Jack. Too cool man. Love it!

I'll try to get a decent clip of "Folsom Prison" - we include, depending on who remembers what, "pinball wizard", "are you experienced", "rosanna", "raindrops keep falling on my head" and probably something I'm forgetting at the moment.

It is insane.

Jack

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
I'll try to get a decent clip of "Folsom Prison" - we include, depending on who remembers what, "pinball wizard", "are you experienced", "rosanna", "raindrops keep falling on my head" and probably something I'm forgetting at the moment.

It is insane.

Jack
Is it MacArthur Park you're forgetting? Did you leave a cake out in the rain?

bovinehost

Administrator
Mmmmm getting gas for a Big Al 5!

Good luck, they're like hen's teeth these days, although of course I don't frequent TB now. I had a 5sss and it was fabulous but I drove myself crazy on gigs because there were so many buttons and knobs and I'm not that smart. I had a lot of other stuff to worry about! So I got the silver 5H and my problems were all solved. I used that bass on most of the coWpilot record because I started with it, it sounded good and if it ain't broke, I won't fix it until it is.

Ken had the red one and I had almost enough money (and found the rest by selling my goods on the street) and it seemed like a good idea to have a back-up BA5H.

Because if one is good, two is more gooder.

HeavyDuty

Good luck, they're like hen's teeth these days, although of course I don't frequent TB now. I had a 5sss and it was fabulous but I drove myself crazy on gigs because there were so many buttons and knobs and I'm not that smart. I had a lot of other stuff to worry about! So I got the silver 5H and my problems were all solved. I used that bass on most of the coWpilot record because I started with it, it sounded good and if it ain't broke, I won't fix it until it is.

Ken had the red one and I had almost enough money (and found the rest by selling my goods on the street) and it seemed like a good idea to have a back-up BA5H.

Because if one is good, two is more gooder.

Goods or goodies? NTTAWWT.

Top Bottom