• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

fjk1138

Hello to All,

Highly considering either the Majesty Black Knight guitar or the Imperial Blue one. My only fear on the BK is that the tremolo arm and bridge will eventually wear off due to my sweaty hands. I used to have a Gretsch years ago where the gold finish wore off of all the hardware due to this no matter what I did to try to keep it clean and dry.

Does anyone out there know if the finish will wear off in time, must be maintained in a special way (besides just wiping it down, etc)? Would like to hear from anyone that has one, or has anything similar.

Thanks to all who respond.

johnnyboogie

I owned a JPX in the past, and I can tell you for sure that were you to clean the sweat retained on the bridge after each play-session with a polish cloth, you have nothing to fear.

Totally different case when it comes to the Majesty's cosmo-black plating, and the Artisan Majesty's gold-plating. Regardless how typical you are with your cleaning routine, the plating is going to come off on the exact spot that your hand rests. A fairly easy and absolute solution to this is to apply a 3M membrane on the spot your hands rests. The bridge is going to be new forever =D

I have no experience with the Monarchy Majesty, but the matte plating seems to be one of those that won't wear off at all. It will possibly attain a glossy look after hours of playing but that's sort of bound to happen with any matte surface that receives friction. 3M membrane again on the rescue of course.

PS. Black Knight RULES!!

fjk1138

Thanks for the info and help. Can you please post a link to that 3m product you are talking about? I'd like to investigate.

fjk1138

Cool, thanks again!

PS: "I believe that whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...stranger".

Top Bottom