• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

steevo

Brand new paradigm string let go tonight 5 songs in. Not impressed guys, this one broke at the tuner end.
On top of that the string looked tarnished straight out of the box as per the strings these replaced.

4d1618168e3bddf824e5d910c3bd7426.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steevo

I've ordered two sets of hybrid 9 cobalts today, gonna stick with these for the time being.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
When a string breaks at the tuner, have a close look at the edge of the string hole on the tuning post (use a magnifying glass, jeweller's loop or digital camera with macro function). If the edge looks rough and ragged it'll cut any string. (When the string breaks depends on the angle between the string hole bore and the string going toward the nut, so it may seem random or intermittent and it's easy to blame the string).

To fix, take a small piece of sand paper, the length of a toothpick, about half as wide as it is long. Roll it up really tight and then rub it lightly horizontally across the front of the string hole until the rough edges soften or vanish. I like to use 600 grit and finish with 1200 grit. It'll only take a few minutes to do.

Will-APX.jpg

steevo

When a string breaks at the tuner, have a close look at the edge of the string hole on the tuning post (use a magnifying glass, jeweller's loop or digital camera with macro function). If the edge looks rough and ragged it'll cut any string. (When the string breaks depends on the angle between the string hole bore and the string going toward the nut, so it may seem random or intermittent and it's easy to blame the string).

To fix, take a small piece of sand paper, the length of a toothpick, about half as wide as it is long. Roll it up really tight and then rub it lightly horizontally across the front of the string hole until the rough edges soften or vanish. I like to use 600 grit and finish with 1200 grit. It'll only take a few minutes to do.

View attachment 32296

I see where you're coming from and I will check very closely that there are no rough edges. I've had no issues as yet with a tuner on my silo but there's a first time for everything. I loved the paradigms in terms of sound and feel but for now I'm gonna go back to the cobalts and take it from there.

Top Bottom