• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BUC

Saw Deep Purple last night and Steve played the prototype for a couple songs.

Talked to him after the show and he said their still working on some things.

Anyone have an idea on how long or what issues? He told me some things about it but I don't want to "leak" anything that's not official.

But it was blue, I'll tell you that...and purty!

xjbebop

Wasn't this was it??

X4mP60PfugCWVROLC85V9mbwkUtNgsRmEtBvoB21EferfmCygSwmHJALaeNMx57koW-Hkpv77FvNV-I6uq0ViToJWtmIVeQl7tf8n83adAztUASYkz2Z3rFeR-NEZKj3SbFRZW1aYwZ4o8YbJrY-NF-nYNMatBv9JJRDLzjfs7XJTcTXJWjrIc424F-COTd0So4e_nVe2Ie2m-zSlZenvmYcEHeL7XUfKrQUIaeK4RAB78hOm02wO86gP64iP20Yov2YTi8pTay_F6X2Oqtb8-6ImYC24alV5p1qae1HCRo0vFW-o1EpQWec49NRz8FkxcGJYS_AqRv0he0BsfljDUr0imTa6iSdLqAq2dlIBVpeo5U5RSDUx-hN1A3kwpI4xLFaNhVwDzS23si1oWECWYyQLZzB9gYEWUi-lzkcqhJZ0q5ljhcNQbFzCKROECgJDBITq8gBwxFhDv9Yjf9VBx5I6boGxsKkMdFFlrbl5kMpPDK_HLEtJU1WviHRFxK_HOaxaTisaI4uTyMxr_6uvyYr3jLGEbR9aX6_iTbLjwixXVa7LwhXr0GN1h-rnh93w5kmwq4bBls1b_aOsNy1WkFPqCu0gRhhUfgjUZZ_CsRrX2mt4z-u=w1505-h609-no

He was showing this off a year or so ago... LOVE this color!

beej

The earlier pic is from the Sweetwater demo- that's a regular Morse ("Navajo blue" or something like that?)

For the 30th, we've seen the prototypes with no single coils, roasted neck, SS frets, and talk of active electronics. (The covered HBs are a nice touch, too). But who knows.

Looking forward to more ...

banjoplayer

the only thing I can contribute is, he told me after the munich show, that the switching contains splitted buckers. A thing he didn´t use on previous guitars. Nothing about active.

beej

There was a recent interview with him where he discussed it being active. (Not that much of a stretch given that the buffer/boost is on most of the new MM guitars.)

The bridge single was there to keep the brightness when he turned down the volume for a clean sound. An onboard buffer would negate the need for it. But since he's always had a single coil there, you figure they'd so something to get there for clean sounds- split coil or parallel wiring.

Anyhow ... I'm saving my pennies :)

fbecir

That's the one that could only be ordered at NAMM - I got one through Pete - guess he ordered a couple extra.

Jump on it, boys! :)

Kevin

"Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."

"Steve Morse Signature guitar is a simple guitar. Lot of knuckleheads chase it for 90 minutes and at the end, Kevin always wins."

kestrou

"Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."

"Steve Morse Signature guitar is a simple guitar. Lot of knuckleheads chase it for 90 minutes and at the end, Kevin always wins."

My kingdom for a LIKE button! :)

Kevin

BUC

It was a HH so it's pretty easily recognizable from the other SM models. Oh, and the pickups were supposedly made by EBMM and not DiMarzio.

jwp333

Steve's still rocking the y2d from recent videos. Check this out from this week, sounds huge:

Top Bottom