• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Damonjames

Hey everyone, sorry if this has been done before, I have tried searching but found conflicting info.

So, from what I can gather the HS and HH had the H pickups wired in series, yet on the current models the website is showing them in parallel. The sterling 5 models are showing the pickups in series.

Is my assumption correct, that while the sr5's had ceramic pickups, they were wired in series and when the sterling 5 was released and subsequent change of pickups on the sr5 back to alnico, they changed the wiring to parallel??

Or have the multi pickup sr5's always been parallel???

Cheers for advice!!

Bert

Hey everyone, sorry if this has been done before, I have tried searching but found conflicting info.

So, from what I can gather the HS and HH had the H pickups wired in series, yet on the current models the website is showing them in parallel. The sterling 5 models are showing the pickups in series.

Is my assumption correct, that while the sr5's had ceramic pickups, they were wired in series and when the sterling 5 was released and subsequent change of pickups on the sr5 back to alnico, they changed the wiring to parallel??

Or have the multi pickup sr5's always been parallel???

Cheers for advice!!

So, we need a control diagram from a StingRay 5 HS/HH 2005-2008 with ceramic pickups.
The question is: Are these the same as a Sterling 5 HS/HH?

Only thing I found in an other forum:
Musicman Stingray 5HH USA - Honeyburst/rosewood - Basschat

So, I think the Sterling 5 and StingRay 5 had the same electronics in this time period (2005-2008).
With the change to Alnico in 2008 they switched to the "StingRay = "always parallel" system".

Edmang

Ceramic SR5 control diagrams

So, we need a control diagram from a StingRay 5 HS/HH 2005-2008 with ceramic pickups.
The question is: Are these the same as a Sterling 5 HS/HH?

Only thing I found in an other forum:
Musicman Stingray 5HH USA - Honeyburst/rosewood - Basschat

So, I think the Sterling 5 and StingRay 5 had the same electronics in this time period (2005-2008).
With the change to Alnico in 2008 they switched to the "StingRay = "always parallel" system".

They are the same as sterlings. See PDFs

Attachments

• cfd_stingray5_ceramic_hs.pdf
    28.2 KB · Views: 202
  • cfd_stingray5_ceramic_hh.pdf
    28.6 KB · Views: 210
  • cfd_stingray5_ceramic_h.pdf
    18.6 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom