• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

NikolaK

Big fan of the Silo, and i think its very underrated, both standard and special.
Just thinking it would be cool to update Silo with some modern features like stainess steel frets, roasted maple necks, maybe a new set of pickups, like on Cutlass... Would be nice if we could buy something like that all the time and not wait for PDNs.
Music man should give that classic guitar a bit of a face lift...:cool:

blu3flame

I think the Silo is unfortunately being phased out. although nobody at EBMM will admit, it has been a long while where Silos are offered only in plain black or white.

the some of the JPs are actually today's Silo, I think its replacing it for all purposes. which is a pity if you ask me!

NikolaK

Yeah its understandable that JP has all the attention since is their best selling model, but revamping the classic Silo would be awesome... Still one of the greatest necks in the industry...

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I think the Silo is unfortunately being phased out. although nobody at EBMM will admit, it has been a long while where Silos are offered only in plain black or white.

the some of the JPs are actually today's Silo, I think its replacing it for all purposes. which is a pity if you ask me!

Actually they did admit it that it's kept in the lineup as a historic instrument. The Reflex, which was also a great guitar, wasn't (except for the Gamechanger version).

mikeller

I too hope the Silo / Silo Special doesn't go away. Thankfully there is the PDN releases to give some options. Silo's are just so dang cool. I have a Blue Dawn Silo Special with gray pearlized pickguard....that guitar just screams cool in my humble opinion.

axis_silospec.jpg

guitvai1

Love my Silo Spec's. Got a standard tobacco burst and a PDN with roasted maple neck and SS frets. Both guitars are fantastic instruments and are awesome for any style of music. Couldn't imagine a more perfect guitar.

NorM

I really like the SiLO

I was just thinking the other day that with all the new guitars I still think the SiLOs are perfect for me.
The new things are fantastic but Dudley and Sterling (and the crew) got it so right in 86. I see we missed the 30th anniversary so maybe a 35th or 40th. I know they are busy people
The Silo piezo models that I have are perfect. They do everything!
The Silo floyds just rock so hard they melt your face.
The ones I have loaded with EMGs sound so good they make other guitar players green with envy.
as for blue dawn
My Blue Dawn piezo trem maple neck Abalone pickgard and knobs with EMG's and Steve Morse Bridge selector switch is the most beautiful guitar on the planet.

coolhandluc

Guitvai1 I'm jealous of your Silo with roasted neck. MM won't make me one. If you ever want to part with it let me know!

I really liket the Silo body over the Cutlass. I may still get a Cutlass, but it's very close to a normal strat and I like the stratiness of the Silo but I like that it has it's own thing going on too. I'm probably just gonna throw some SS frets on mine and rock it till I die.

spychocyco

Guitvai1 I'm jealous of your Silo with roasted neck. MM won't make me one. If you ever want to part with it let me know!

Several of the recent PDN models came with roasted necks, including the 2016 run. Keep an eye on Reverb and eBay. You might even still be able to find a new starry night floating around somewhere. CS can tell you if there's one still available.

Cordarino

Too good to be left behind

Last week I was in a store checking various amps: they gave me an american strat and an Ibanez RG to test them. I can't believe how those necks felt wrong to me, as I'm used to the perfect Silo one. Seems there's no way back from MM.

steevo

By far the best guitar I've ever owned. Silo special with I'll rosewood neck, plays like a dream and sounds gorgeous too.
To me the silo is Musicmans equivalent to fenders strat, that one model that really kickstarted everything off (as well as the stingray bass obviously).
Really can't blame them for keeping it in the lineup for sentimental reason, it's nice that they haven't messed around with it and left it as an amazingly simple and elegant design.

8f9543b9d4d18ba4ab53c1f5a1b8111a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom