• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gfex

Hi everybody
The tremolo bar of my luke is quite loosy and swings....
I would like it to be quite still in position not far from my right hand... how can i tighten it? Thanks for help
Regards

mikeller

If you push down on the trem arm and look under the bridge plate on the backside of the bridge near the area where the trem arms snaps into to block - there is a small set screw which can be tightened.

mikeller

Thanks DrKev for helping. I had just gotten up and was enjoying my morning coffee and the brain wasn't engaged enough to think of the mm size on the tool!!!!

Cheers
Mike

gfex

Hi..
And how Can i tighten the tremolo bar of a Cutlass? I do not find the little hole as in the luke....
Thanks for your help.
Regards

mikeller

Hi..
And how Can i tighten the tremolo bar of a Cutlass? I do not find the little hole as in the luke....
Thanks for your help.
Regards

Same way - its there but a bit harder to see because of the color of the block.

moozak

There’s also an adjustment at the bottom of the trem block Which you can tighten and it will slightly push up on the trem arm as well.

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

There’s also an adjustment at the bottom of the trem block Which you can tighten and it was slightly push up on the trem arm as well.

That helps helps keep the arm tight against the spring that holds it in place. It's not really meant to move the arm up and down, as far as I know.

moozak

Yes I only said that it will “Push up against the trem arm“ not move it up-and-down

Top Bottom