• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Sirion

Hey, a guitar forum I wasn't aware of? Cool! It is always nice to see communities like this surviving well into the FB era, which has meant the decline of forums where, y'know, it is possible to discuss something.

After having used Fender 150s for the longest time, I have found myself gravitating towards the Ernie Ball pure nickels Super Slinkys recently. I do, however, find that the .42 is just a hair thicker and stiffer than I like, and the same goes for the .16 g string. I've seen quite a few retailers selling nickel plated EBs for a very fair price, but, as far as I can tell, this does not extend to the nickel strings? Are there anybody selling these? Or is it possible to buy custom sets anywhere?

Sirion

Thank you both very much! It is strange how these things work: after I asked, I suddenly started finding places who were offering what I needed. :) I was pleasantly surprised to see that ordering loose strings did not entail a significant increase in price from buying sets, too, which was a pleasant surprise!

Top Bottom