• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

petetexas1

Hi,
New to this forum , have recently purchased a Stinray with 2 band eq . One question ( may have been answered somewhere before ) ......are the Bass and Treble cut and boost or just boost or just cut ?
Pete

petetexas1

2 band eq

Hi All ,
Just received an email from Music Man regarding the 2 band eq . They say that both Treble and Bass are boost and cut with no center indent ,
Pete

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
Yes sir, I think most of us were under the misconception for a long time that it was boost only... in fact well known sources in "bassdom" are on the internets spouting that erred info. Regardless of that, the old adage to use your ear is in my humble opinion the absolute best way to approach it. I used to be a 3 band only fanatic but I have become a convert to the 2 band. I have found starting from completely off on both bass and treble and dialing each in until I hit tonal nirvana works best for me.

petetexas1

Just for the record, I have the Volume on about 3/4 , have the bass on full , then bring in just the right amount of treble to get the clarity I want. This gives me an old school bass sound which I love .:)

Top Bottom