• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

hyghtm

IMHO, the Valentine is a perfect fit for comfort and style- the neck is astoundingly comfortable, no rounded edge on the bottom of the body to keep sliding out while playing seated, no annoying middle pickup to keep hitting your pick on, it’s taper makes it fit against you just right and stay there, and the sounds are great. It just lacks a trem. The Cutlass has a trem but comes with all the problems I just described.
I’m crossing my fingers and hoping they come out with one. If they do, I wont have to ever buy another guitar. Ok, maybe not “ever.” 😄

TripHazard

Amen too that. Played one in a store recently and I was blown away. All my misgivings about the shape were put to bed. I even felt comfortable with the 11s. A trem would be the absolute icing on the cake.

TripHazard

trem coming next year there is one in the world currently it resides in Lubbock Texas

I would kiss you if I could :p

(any colour changes in the offing for next year? I loved that one-off blue colour from last year's summer namm. A metallic Navy or Trans Navy would be quite fetching too in my humble opinion...)

Last edited:

or8ital

While I’ve started to get used to it I would love a little relief for the forearm. The tapering helps but still has a bit of a hard edge. Don’t need the tremolo personally but its a near perfect guitar. Sounds so good its been tough to go back to my Majesty.

Pott

Yep, I love my Valentine PDN, but the lack of forearm contour is the only reason I'm selling it...

Astrofreq

I've been playing the EVH/Axis shape for 25 years, so the lack of contour doesn't bother me one bit. I prefer to play standing up anyway. :)

hyghtm

trem coming next year there is one in the world currently it resides in Lubbock Texas

That would be great!! But where did you hear that? I spoke with MM customer service- they said they might do that, they've built a few prototypes, but they couldn't commit to saying it'll happen or when. If they do I'll buy another one. MM doesn't sell their trem systems and I'm not putting an aftermarket one on my Valentine.

Fro

It’s just a hunch but I’m thinking he may have a little bit of inside knowledge ;)

Top Bottom