• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kev82668

A little while back, I took off my Sterling branded Floyd Rose and replaced it with a Jackson JT580LP. I put pics up on another post, everything went great and it played fine. My problem was, it wouldn't stay in tune well...mainly because it was an older one and the fine tuners were quite worn. Also, I couldn't put a d'tuna on it.

Well...I bought a Floyd Rose 1000 base plate & saddle set, and Floyd Rose Original parts for the rest of the bridge. I got a 42mm original brass sustain block to keep the cost down, and finally got a d'tuna.

What a difference in, well, everything!! All the parts cost around $150 direct from Floyd Rose, except the d'tuna I ordered elsewhere and it works perfectly. I love this guitar and wanted to share some pics...

IMAG0622_1.jpg IMAG0604_1.jpg

Last edited:

edhalen

Congrats! Nice Job! I owned an AX4 for a bit and did a few upgrades myself. Namely, a stonetone rock block (highly recommended if you have the $100 burning a hole in your pocket :)) and a pup swap to an Air Norton in the neck and a Tone Zone in the bridge (closest you can get to the original EBMM Axis pickups according to DiMarzio). One HECK of a guitar either way. Played amazing as I'm sure yours does as well. Anyway, you have one of the biggest bang for the buck guitars right there! Enjoy! :D

kev82668

Congrats! Nice Job! I owned an AX4 for a bit and did a few upgrades myself. Namely, a stonetone rock block (highly recommended if you have the $100 burning a hole in your pocket :)) and a pup swap to an Air Norton in the neck and a Tone Zone in the bridge (closest you can get to the original EBMM Axis pickups according to DiMarzio). One HECK of a guitar either way. Played amazing as I'm sure yours does as well. Anyway, you have one of the biggest bang for the buck guitars right there! Enjoy! :D

I did that exact same pup swap as well! Is the stone block pretty awesome? This is my first time having a brass block and I love it. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it!!

edhalen

I did that exact same pup swap as well! Is the stone block pretty awesome? This is my first time having a brass block and I love it. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it!!

You're welcome. The stone block was amazing. The overtones, clarity, resonance, sustain were unbelievable. Between that and the pickups the guitar was off the charts.

Top Bottom