• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

Hi all - happy to say I'm back in the EBMM family (to stay). After owning and selling (for different reasons) a Reflex, Morse, AL, and PDN Silo I scored this Luke 1 from 1995. Wasn't really in the market but couldn't pass this up. I'm a fan of Floyds as much of the music I grew up on (VH) features lots of divebombs and the like. I wasn't sure how I'd like a floating Floyd but I love it. Stays in tune nicely - although the strings need a bit more stretching. Over the years I've read many posts about how comfortable the Luke neck is and it does NOT disappoint. I love the soft V on this one (my SBMM JV60 has very very similar profile albeit chunkier than the Luke) and the 12" radius is "home" for me. I also didn't know about the EMGs but they are OUTSTANDING! Great sounds across the board. The frets on this one are showing their age but this thing still plays like "butta" as we've all come to expect with any EBMM guitar :). Maybe a refret to SS down the road?? :) On to the pics. Sorry - pics are sideways for some reason.

View attachment 32575 View attachment 32576 View attachment 32577 View attachment 32578

Last edited:

kestrou

That’s a 95? Can’t believe it’s old enough to drink - looks fresh off the assembly line! :)

Kevin

dibart77

Man that is a great find. That is, hands down, one of the best finishes EBMM ever offered. I just love it. Congrats!

edhalen

Thanks all - this thing has some serious mojo going on after having been played for over 20 years. It has the usual very small dings in various places which are only visible if looking for them. I'm working on polishing out the surface scratches. I've given the neck the cleaning/BC oil and wax treatment and WOW is it nice! Butta!!! I also discovered the pickup switch wasn't moving all the way to the first and fifth positions due to the switch tip being too far down and blocking it from travelling fully. After an adjustment I'm now getting all 5 pickup positions correctly. Definitely a keeper! :cool::D

Top Bottom