• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PeterVV

I've changed the switch tip to a silver one, and also put a spalted wood scratchplate as I am not a fan of the tort one, mine was quite dark. Oh and the sticker is to hide a gash in the finish when the guitar got damaged first gig, ods law eh... 22180058_1867853139911510_5095811435899784413_o.jpg

PeteDuBaldo

I dig the wooden pickguard!

While I haven't modded any of the EBMM Valentine guitars I have certainly modded a few dozen of the Sterling JV60 model. Push/push coil splits, humbucker swaps & conversions, etc. We have some very special JV60 models in stock right now, modded with DiMarzios & with a little extra mojo put into them.

or8ital

I put a mirror pickguard on my maroon Valentine. Will try to post pics later. Looks a lot better IMO. Thinking about having an arm contour added to it and getting it re-painted.

PeteDuBaldo

Here's one I modded with 36th Anniversary PAF pickups

SBMM-JV60-TBM-FR-DIM-SG35376-8-940x626.jpg

Tollywood

I put a mirror pickguard on my maroon Valentine. Will try to post pics later. Looks a lot better IMO. Thinking about having an arm contour added to it and getting it re-painted.

If you are brave enough to do that type of modification to your guitar, you must show us some pictures and start a thread. That would be so cool. Especially if you have Marty Bell sparkle the $hit out of it. :cool: Glittery pink comes to mind.

or8ital

If you are brave enough to do that type of modification to your guitar, you must show us some pictures and start a thread. That would be so cool. Especially if you have Marty Bell sparkle the $hit out of it. :cool: Glittery pink comes to mind.

I would be having it done by a great local luthier / guitar builder. A little nervous though about making that major of a change.

edhalen

Wow!!! With grain like that I would leave it. If you do decide to get it finished it would be a crime to hide that very cool grain. Make it a trans finish if anything so the grain is visible. Just my .02.

Top Bottom