• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dhalif

Quite lucky to own this piece!!
flames on the neck is insanee that comes through the front of the fretboard :D:D

jp152.jpg
jp154.jpg
jp153.jpg
jp151.jpg

Last edited:

gdx65

Quite lucky to own this piece!!
flames on the neck is insanee that comes through the front of the fretboard :D:D

View attachment 32668
View attachment 32669
View attachment 32670
View attachment 32671

Hi and congrats! I am new to this forum and to Music Man. Used to play Strats and Gibsons (LP/SG) until a friend of mine (he has several MM) told me to try a music man. I got instantly hooked.
On the local market (Norway) just got a JP15 in Sahara Burst Quilt, wow! The previous owner never really used it, basically mint like out of the shop. What a guitar and the neck is fantastic. I am used to Strats with scalloped neck (have 2 YJM) and this neck is really special. The guitar unique tone and very versatile. This will not be the only Music Man...
l_2123249188.jpg

dibart77

Wow. Stunning guitar. I love how the matte finish actually makes the quilt stand out more! Congratulations!

dhalif

Hi and congrats! I am new to this forum and to Music Man. Used to play Strats and Gibsons (LP/SG) until a friend of mine (he has several MM) told me to try a music man. I got instantly hooked.
On the local market (Norway) just got a JP15 in Sahara Burst Quilt, wow! The previous owner never really used it, basically mint like out of the shop. What a guitar and the neck is fantastic. I am used to Strats with scalloped neck (have 2 YJM) and this neck is really special. The guitar unique tone and very versatile. This will not be the only Music Man...
View attachment 32673

VERYY COOOOL!
congrats on your jp15!

gdx65

VERYY COOOOL!
congrats on your jp15!

I have a question related to the tremolo setup. The previous owner had 008 strings and kept the three springs on the tremolo. When got the guitar it was working fine, kept tuning well. I have now installed new strings 10s and the bridge obviously was tilting forward. Now I have tightened the claws a bit until the bridge is horizontal with the guitar body, when the strings are in std. tuning. I assume it is a trial and error to find the right balance? I can do good setup on Fender strats, but the procedure is different due to the tremolo design.
I wish Music Man had a better support for setups, the Q&A section is very thin. If you have 10s what is the distance between the body and the claw rear straight edge? just for comparison.

PeteDuBaldo

I have a question related to the tremolo setup. The previous owner had 008 strings and kept the three springs on the tremolo. When got the guitar it was working fine, kept tuning well. I have now installed new strings 10s and the bridge obviously was tilting forward. Now I have tightened the claws a bit until the bridge is horizontal with the guitar body, when the strings are in std. tuning. I assume it is a trial and error to find the right balance? I can do good setup on Fender strats, but the procedure is different due to the tremolo design.
I wish Music Man had a better support for setups, the Q&A section is very thin. If you have 10s what is the distance between the body and the claw rear straight edge? just for comparison.

It will be trial and error, although the more often you adjust them the easier it gets.

There isn't a published spec for this as it can change based upon the actual working tension of the springs. This can differ with old/new springs, different alloys from different manufacturers, which holes are used, etc.

ohbugger

Yep, simply trial and error... I have had multiple JP guitars set up the same way, same string gauges, with the same amount of springs, and the distance of the spring claw varied a bit on all of them.

Lou

The wood on all the JP15 guitars has been nothing short of spectacular. Yours is no exception. Beautiful!

7enderbender

My new JP15 is a 7 string so I can't help you with measurements. The easiest way is to put some pieces of cardboard, etc behind the trem block to keep it level with the spring claw loosened. Then tune to pitch with your new strings. After that tighten the claw until the cardboard becomes almost lose. Pull it out. Fine tune the claw so the guitar is in tune, and you're pretty much done. Make sure to check intonation and saddle height while you're at it. Really not much different from the strat design, only you can't deck it.

dhalif

well where im from, ive never seen one with massive flames on the neck like this.. unique to me i guess lol

MesaBeno

well where im from, ive never seen one with massive flames on the neck like this.. unique to me i guess lol
Yea true, I thought the quilt tops got birdseye maple (that's what mine is like), and flamed tops got the flamed neck. Just wasn't sure if this is a chance grab or like a one-off model (which is what I initially assumed by the description of super unique).

Top Bottom