• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

skullvankrush

I stumbled upon it on Guitar Center's used section...a Sterling by Music Man JP60 in Metallic Black. I don't know what called out to me about it, but I bought it immediately. It came to my home a few days later and oh my god, this guitar was PHENOMENAL. It reignited my love of playing immediately. I then started researching and learning more and more about Music man and the ball family, etc., etc.

I kept trying to find more left handed Sterling JP60's...and I didn't see them anywhere. I found Brian, the guy who I guess runs SBMM, and found they weren't making lefty six strings anymore and that almost anyone else I talked to had zero leads on any lefty used SBMM guitars.

It started to make me angry. I've dealt my entire life with not having access to the stuff I really want in guitar circles and I'd finally found this guitar that I wanted to build my whole sound from here on out around...but I couldn't even find a backup JP60 for playing live!

I try to support companies that support lefty guitar players, and it was pretty clear that Music Man/Ernie Ball had given up on lefties unless they wanted to spend 2 or 3K on an *actual* Ernie Ball Music Man.

So in a fit of anger, frustrated beyond belief that I'd found a guitar I loved and couldn't find another one, I sold it.

It's been six months today. I scour the net almost daily. I find nothing. Nowhere. No one is talking about these, and no one is selling them.

I miss that guitar like I'd miss losing a finger. Nothing I've played since is as good. It just depresses me. I'd finally found the perfect guitar for me, and now I can't find another one, and believe me, I have cast the net WIDE. World-wide.

Nothing.

So, in a last ditch effort to ever be actually happy playing guitar again, I reach out to you, the members of the Ernie Ball/Music Man/SBMM forum and ask...does anyone have a Sterling by Music Man lefty six string ANYTHING they'd be willing to sell? I know they make a lefty bass, but I need a lefty electrical guitar.

Reach out to me if you have one you're looking to move. I don't know where else to go or to look.

thanks for your time,

Matt

skullvankrush

Hi Matt - I know it's not a SBMM but rather an EBMM - but if it's anywhere close to your budget....

Left Handed Ernie Ball Music Man JP6 Red Pearl Burst | eBay

Make them an offer if you can afford it. Has piezo too.

Best of luck.

thanks guys. I was just hoping beyond hope someone would see this that has one collecting dust and would be all "hey brother! make me an offer!" and i'd be reunited. My budget isn't in the thousands. I got my jp60 for like 550 and that's in the ballpark of where I'd like to pay again. Although if this keeps up I may just save up and get an actual Music Man....I just love the Sterling line already and it's way good enough for me.

Pops

Perhaps this may be of use to you
There is a Left Handed Ernie Ball Music Man page on Facebook.
Left-Handed Guitar Sale:MUSIC MAN
The first few lines of the page say
Welcome! This group is meant to be a database of lefty Ernie Ball Music Man guitars for sale throughout the whole world.

Please contribute! We ask you to post here any ad you find. As well as put your lefty EBMM guitars for sale here!

Good luck in your search.If I spot any I'll post on here for you.

Left-Handed Guitar Sale: MUSIC MAN Public Group | Facebook

Last edited:

SBMM

I wish I could help you out.
I went through our sales database and the last couple were sold to Total Music Source and Riff City Guitar, and I don't see anything listed on their websites.

skullvankrush

I wish I could help you out.
I went through our sales database and the last couple were sold to Total Music Source and Riff City Guitar, and I don't see anything listed on their websites.

Thanks Brian and Pops. I've been a member of that group for a while but they generally only sell stuff that is in the thousands of dollars and I'm just not willing to plop that down when the sterling's were JUST as good, to me. Testament to BXM and his gang at praxis for killing it.

skullvankrush

UPDATE:

A guy messaged me and has a JP60 body and neck. No hardware, bridge, electronics, knobs, nothin' else.

The only thing I really need assistance finding is a Sterling by Music Man LEFT HANDED JP60 BRIDGE. If anyone has a lead on where I could find one, I would be PROFUSELY thankful.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me on this.

Top Bottom