• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Magic Jason

A while ago I purchased an AL MM90, black rosewood neck, trem.

Because - I loved the AL mode
- I was yet to own a p90 guitar
- Guitar was in top condition and affordable
- Had a rosewood neck that I loved so much on my Luke III

But I hated the colour so much I almost sold the guitar.

Luckily,I got a grip and decided to keep it and have a repaint job.

I sent my axe to Marty Bell who :

- Has done a fantastic job that far exceeds my wildest expectations
- Found the exact coulour I had in my head
- Managed to sent it back home with no tax... Which it is quite an achievement in Belgium!
- Has been a real pleasure to work with : guitar left home on October 3rd, is ready to play on October 28th...

LET'S GET RID OF THE BORING BLACK

PS Pictures just can't show the bling!!! It looks 100 times better in real life!

19665394_10155423546928058_9035264366966705504_n.jpg 2.jpg

xjbebop

Yeah... we're gonna need more pics with different lighting to be able to properly evaluate the "finished" product...

:D

RAWK!!!!

---so, it looks fabulous, but are you getting along with the tones better yet????

kestrou

That’s - What - I’m - Talkin - BOUT! :)

Now go rub some stage sweat and beer on it to “cure” the finish!!!

Kevin

Last edited:

cbc83

Damn, that looks great! Heard a lot of good things about Marty, but never thought it'd be possible for us 'euroes' to get a taste of his magic! How much did it set you back, with shipping, if you dont mind me asking?

Magic Jason

Damn, that looks great! Heard a lot of good things about Marty, but never thought it'd be possible for us 'euroes' to get a taste of his magic! How much did it set you back, with shipping, if you dont mind me asking?

Shipping just the body both ways was like 60 euros total.

It's not woth having it done here by some wannabe-experimenter.

Marty re-used the box I shipped it in so I didn't pay any tax on the way back!!!! Which is quite an achievement in Belgium.

Guitar left on October 3rd and was back and fully functional in 24 days! It might even get signed by the master tonight.

Marty is a true pleasure to work with! Sent me sparkle samples, made my perfect mix, answered patiently and accurately to all my "details" mails...

Do not hesitate, not for a second! AsI said earlier, the pictures are ****ty compared to the "real" thing!

Last edited:

kestrou

Im working with Marty right now. Man he is a pleasure to work with. I received my samples in the mail. I will be having my JP6 refinished next year. Cant wait.

Come on, man - don't leave me hanging - what direction you looking?

Kevin

Top Bottom