• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Pedro Malta

I was checking the controls on the back on my JP15 and they don't actually seem alligned with the holes. What that means, is that it doesn't seem like I can adjust the controls without removing the "casing". Does that sound right?

if not, should just open and ajust the controls?

on a second note can adjust the controls with the guitar plugged in?

lastly, where is the light located,which should light up if the battery is low?

thanks,

back jp15 2.jpg
back jp15.jpg

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I was checking the controls on the back on my JP15 and they don't actually seem alligned with the holes. What that means, is that it doesn't seem like I can adjust the controls without removing the "casing". Does that sound right?

Yes. Would be nice if the holes lined up but 0.5 mm tolerance here and there in the factory and we see why they don't always line up perfectly. Yes, you'll have to open it.

if not, should just open and ajust the controls?

Yes.

on a second note can adjust the controls with the guitar plugged in?

Yes. In fact you should, so you can hear your adjustments.

lastly, where is the light located,which should light up if the battery is low?

There isn't one. (Only on the Petrucci Majesty models) Your ears will tell you when it needs changing. :)

tbonesullivan

Is the PCB attached directly to the pots or is there some wiggle room? You could always see if you can shift the controls over a small amount.

If you have to take off the cover it's not a big deal. Just remember not to over tighten the screws when putting them back on, and to turn the screw backwards a few times to make sure you're engaging the threads into the wood.

Warg Master

I looked at this very thing this week. The PC board is attached via two plastic tabs. the tabs don't keep it straight up and down, so, in my JP15 at least, the board is just settled at an angle. you could take some electrical tape and put it on the board at a point that' would be covered by the back plate and tape it to the body under the plate so that it's held close to the body at the back plate is drilled for.

Pedro Malta

Thanks!

very good answers!

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one and this wasn't a "defect".

Top Bottom