• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Mrapp

I've been away from the music/guitar scene for quite some time. I have two Music Man Axis guitars I posted on ebay. American made. Great condition. Reasonably priced. No movement at all. I see Japanese models listed for a much higher price selling. Am I missing something?

kestrou

Like many products, the pure quality isn’t the driving factor for resale value - it’s perception.

Case in point - I ride a Harley. It’s not the fastest, or the most powerful or the most “anything” bike... except the general crowd thinks it’s the coolest (as do I).

Kevin

tbonesullivan

Are you selling these in the USA? Are you talking about EBMM Japan market specific models, or Japanese guitars in general?

Smellybum

Some people looking for an alternative to the EVH where the switch is in a different place, the axis is superior, but not everybody has played one so possibly shopping for the visuals rather then everything else.

tbonesullivan

Ok, that's not just a Japanese model, that's an Axis IN Japan. Totally different market and situation, especially now that there is a lot more trouble moving guitars internationally that have rosewood on them.

Markb

I've been away from the music/guitar scene for quite some time. I have two Music Man Axis guitars I posted on ebay. American made. Great condition. Reasonably priced. No movement at all. I see Japanese models listed for a much higher price selling. Am I missing something?

Yip, American guitars are ALOT more expensive outside American , would add around 25% or more to there US value.. I wonder if the rosewood exporting will add a lot more and or to what extent in the future .

Top Bottom