• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Veets987

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Cutlass HSS with a chrome humbucker cover instead of the white? Thinking of pulling the trigger on one but don’t really like the white humbucker and really don’t want to swap the pickup to get that option. Thanks!

TripHazard

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Cutlass HSS with a chrome humbucker cover instead of the white? Thinking of pulling the trigger on one but don’t really like the white humbucker and really don’t want to swap the pickup to get that option. Thanks!

I’m afraid note. But you wouldn’t need to swap the pickup, just pull the cover off and put a chrome one on in its place. Just make sure to measure whether it isn’t f—spaced before you buy a new cover

Veets987

I’m afraid note. But you wouldn’t need to swap the pickup, just pull the cover off and put a chrome one on in its place. Just make sure to measure whether it isn’t f—spaced before you buy a new cover

Thanks for the reply! That’s what I was afraid of. I don’t have any experience taking Off a humbucker and replacing it with a new one. I wouldn’t want to risk destroying the pickup.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
It's a Music Man-made pickup, it may or may not be standard sizing and the cover may or may not be removeable. I would suggest that tomorrow you pick up the phone and call Music Man Customer Service and ask them if the cover is removeable and what the dimensions are.

Veets987

It's a Music Man-made pickup, it may or may not be standard sizing and the cover may or may not be removeable. I would suggest that tomorrow you pick up the phone and call Music Man Customer Service and ask them if the cover is removeable and what the dimensions are.

Thanks! Yea I’m going to give them a call tomorrow. Really hoping this is a option or possible. Here is a picture of exactly what I’m wanting minus the piezo.

http://forums.ernieball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28943&d=1437614326

7enderbender

Another thing to keep in mind with this is that metal covers on pickups need to be properly soldered on and waxed to avoid issues with feedback. Also, some people have claimed that it has some impact on sound.

coolhandluc

You won't be able to get the roasted maple neck either. I love this guitar as well though.

Top Bottom