• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

click track

I love my JP6, I would like to get another JP6, however with a maple neck. I do not want the JP15 version yet....

Will it be difficult finding one, I have had not had any luck yet, where they only produced for a limited time?

Guitarshreda

I assume you are talking about a maple fretboard (as the necks on JP6's are maple). The only JP6s that I know of with maple necks are the PDN roasted maple that came out with a blue finish (forgot the name) and maple fretboard were an option OR the PDN Tobacco Vintage Burst which you could get a maple fretboard on.

dibart77

JP6 PDN Vintage Burst:
music-man-jp6-2015-pdn-vintage-tobacco-burst-maple.jpg

JP6 PDN Neptune Blue (with a Roasted Maple Neck and fretboard):
music-man-usa-jp6-pdn-neptune-blue-roasted-birdseye-mn-trem-inlays-10_1.jpg

The links above are just to random retailers, but you should be able to find out all the details there!

Dr.Strangenote

both are great guitars that have their own distinct character. I have one of each. The african mahogany and roasted maple neck on the neptune blue pdns have a snappy and articulate tone and feel, the alder body and maple fretboard of the vintage tobacco burst ring organic notes forever, both are fantastic instruments.

PeteDuBaldo

both are great guitars that have their own distinct character. I have one of each. The african mahogany and roasted maple neck on the neptune blue pdns have a snappy and articulate tone and feel, the alder body and maple fretboard of the vintage tobacco burst ring organic notes forever, both are fantastic instruments.

While I don't personally own either, I have played both and agree with the above. Fantastic instruments!

Dr.Strangenote

I love my JP6, I would like to get another JP6, however with a maple neck. I do not want the JP15 version yet....

Will it be difficult finding one, I have had not had any luck yet, where they only produced for a limited time?

The longer you wait, the harder the search will be to get one, but right now there is still a used market out there on these. Some you might still find new but you'll have to look around and ask. Yes, they both are limited run models.

spychocyco

You can find the Neptune blue ones for a pretty good price on eBay occasionally. I came a breath away from buying one a couple of months ago, but it's been a seriously guitar-heavy year for me so I had to talk myself down. :)

Kinjin

Oh wow, I guess I was fortunate indeed with my JP7 order! Looks like mine may have been one of the last they did with a maple neck and fretboard...

Top Bottom