• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

Hey everyone, check it out:

Favored Nations' inaugural release with Mascot will be the debut by Sterling Ball's new band, Mutual Admiration Society, which sees Ball teaming with drummer John Ferraro and keyboardist Jim Cox. Produced by the band, the record was mixed by Rich Mouser and engineered by Bill "The Sonic Doctor" Evans (Flying Colors, Galactic Cowboys, Neal Morse), whose ground-breaking mix technology, Harmonic Phrase Analysis, allows mixes to be created with unequalled transparency and detail. Special guests on the album include Steve Morse, Steve Lukather, Steve Vai, Albert Lee, John Petrucci, and session legend Jay Graydon.

Sterling Ball , "When John Ferraro, Jim Cox and I set out the make this record, it was a passion project to celebrate our love for music and guitar. It's since grown to an incredible project featuring some of the greatest guitarists in the world, and more importantly life-long friends."

Steve Vai teams up with Mascot for Favored Nations Records

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Hey Jack Williams has heard it.

I did my first a few years ago and did it very quickly and maybe was even a little cautious that I had no business making a cd. THis one was very organic. John Ferraro and I went into the studio to make a record just the two of us. I sort of chop around on a lot of different instruments Uke Mando Acoustic and electric guitars stand up bass 4 string bass 6 string baritone and 6 string bass.

We were doing fine and then we brought Jim Cox in to join us. The tracks were really fun and I think pretty good. This time around I challenged myself to be the beast I cold be and not cut corners. Steve Morse heard one of the tracks that didnt have guitar yet and asked if he could add the guitars. The rest is history....I did not ask one guest. Most found out about the project from each other and not me.

I hope you kids like it....it comes out on jan 19

Steve Vai had a very large catalog and lots of submissions...I am honored that he thought enough of the project to make it his first release through Mascot.

kbaim

Sugar Shack?
Wonder if it was that cool place to hang as a teen in the SF valley back in the 70's.
i think on magnolia and whittset?
I remember dancing there to a lot of Bowie.

NorM

The last 4 CDs I bought were SMBs and Flying colors. This I need 2 copies of. and the BluRay.
This is grammy material here.

kbaim

I really liked that couch segment.
Thought "Wow thats a lot of talent and long time relationships on those couches."

Whoever thought of the name for the project got it exactly right

NorM

I got the EBMM notice in the email today.
The preorder amazon link took me to amazon UK
(I just wanted to order it now)

Top Bottom