• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JayDawg

I received an email today letting me know of some BFR Models offered in December. I then followed the link and apparently there has been BFR Models released every month since September but it appears you have 3 different guitars offered for each month and every guitar has something unique about it making it a BFR Model.

First, If I’m understanding everything correctly, you can only order the specific models shown with the unique features on them. So for example, I can’t take the Koa wood Majesty being offered and order a Bongo bass with the same set up.

Next, is there only a 1 month ordering window for the BFR Models offered in their specific months? So for example, if I liked 1 of the BFR models offered in September, is it now to late to order 1 of the September BFR Models or can I still order from any months BFR Models while the BFR orders as a whole are going on.

Last, I only see guitars being offered in the BFR Models. Where is the love for us bass players?

Any help to these answers would be appreciated from anyone who is in the know.
Thanks,
Jay.

Tollywood

Good morning, Jay. I'm pretty sure that dealers ordered the BFRs at NAMM and now they are just waiting for their arrival.

muggsy

My understanding (not based on any inside info, only what I've read) is that the specific BFR models can be ordered only in the particular month when they're offered, and only in the configuration or model shown. I believe that most if not all of these runs are also limited to a specific number of instruments. But I'm sure many EBMM dealers are ordering these without a particular buyer in mind, so they should be available if there's a particular instrument you want where you missed the ordering window.

Agreed that it's completely guitar-oriented so far, but there should be some bass offerings next year.

Edmang

I wouldn't say there is an ordering window like the PDN. They would make as many PDNs as ordered in the specified time frame. My understanding is the BFRs are limited to a certain quantity.

jones4tone

My understanding: Eligible dealers could order these BFR instruments at NAMM (Jan. 2017), and the quantity ordered at that time is the number that will be built of each model. At time of order, I don't think dealers knew when each model would be completed.

As such, there's no "order window" for ultimate buyers, other than get them before the model is sold out from all dealers who ordered the one(s) you want. If there's one from prior months you are interested in, go to the bottom of this page and pick the month with the guitar you like. Then click the "ORDER NOW" button under the model, and the site will display the dealers who ordered that model, so you can then see if they have any available now.

Tollywood

If there's one from prior months you are interested in, go to the bottom of this page and pick the month with the guitar you like. Then click the "ORDER NOW" button under the model, and the site will display the dealers who ordered that model, so you can then see if they have any available now.

Thank you very much, Jones.

JayDawg

After I made my post I went back and saw the limited order numbers for each piece. Hopefully the basses will get some love soon.

Tollywood

The 2017 BRFs were very special versions. I can't wait to see what 2018 NAMM instruments are for the upcoming year.

danny-79

I believe that number is simply the quantity ordered of that model by eligible dealers during NAMM ‘17.

That makes more sense rather than a production number.
The clear cream has been my favourite looking so far, rosewood is always the winner for me too so double bonus

jones4tone

That makes more sense rather than a production number.

Well, it's both, I believe, but it was set simply by the number ordered, not an arbitrarily chosen number for the production run. Some of the earlier models in this series of BFR offerings have been really small runs.

Top Bottom