• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

beeper

I'm buying a guitar for my 11-year-old daughter. She has been playing a cheap small guitar (it is a Jackson) and has outgrown it.

Right now I am trying to choose between a Music Man Silhouette and a Kirk Hammett 602. The Music Man I am looking at has DiMarzio pickups instead of the stock ones.

My kids like to play metal. (My son has a Majesty. I'm not in a position to buy one that expensive right now.)

Which is the better choice?

The 602 is active, and neck through. But the Silhouette is much lighter and more versatile. Also, the Silo would be used, and the KH would be new.

xjbebop

My first thought is whatever guitar 'feels' better to her. If she's comfortable with it, she'll play it more....

Astrofreq

I'd get her a used Axis Super Sport hardtail. If she wants a trem, get the standard Axis. The pickups are already some of the best in the biz and the smaller scale length will feel great.

IF only between the two you mentioned, then the Silo over the Jackson no question.

beeper

What the pther guys said. Also note that DiMarzio pickups are stock on Silhouette (two virtual PAF humbuckers and a custom wound single coil).
Thanks for the information. The description stated "DiMarzio installed" so I assumed there had been a swap.

Would this be an decent metal guitar?

Top Bottom