• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JayDawg

I found on Reverb a PDN Bongo 4HS. I been looking for this PDN Bongo for a while. Originally, the guy had in the add the bass posted as new with warranty but is asking $2,699.99 for the bass. Much more than it cost new.
I messaged him thinking the price was a typo and asking what PDN dealer he is if it is new. He keeps telling me that he is not a dealer but he got the bass directly from EBMM. I don’t know how that is and what concerns me is his claims of the Bass still being new with a warranty. Below is an excerpt from one of his messages to me where he is claiming that he got the bass directly from EBMM. Can anyone verify if he was able to do so or not and if he did, will the bass still have the warranty as he claims? His business name on Reverb is Amp Global LLC.
If anyone from EBMM needs his name, I can message it to anyone.

Here is one of the messages he sent to me.

You are quite mad, the bass is brand new with warranty, I got it direct from MM but I am not a dealer, Reverb policy states that I need to list as mint rather then new if I am not a dealer, so no scamming, just the truth of the situation
as I have said, I am not a dealer for any manufacture but I can buy any instrument etc at below dealer costs
I haven't done anything based on your messages or keenness to be heard, we both know that the bass is worth a minimum of $2500, the Petrucci is cheap at 2099 but then again, it is used.

bovinehost

Administrator
"I got it direct from MM but I am not a dealer" but he says the warranty is transferable? To a 2nd buyer?

Doubtful. Very doubtful.

I'd stay clear of that one.

JayDawg

When he claimed he got the bass direct from EBMM I asked how when only PDN dealers can orders PDN instruments and only endorsed artists (a dream of mine to be one) or authorized EBMM retailers can buy direct. He then told me that he is a wholesaler and gets stuff directly from EBMM all the time. Even if the bass wasn’t warranties, if he wasn’t asking more than what the bass cost new, I would be interested. My absolute dream bass is that PDN run in a Bongo 4 H with an all roasted maple neck and fretboard. His has the added S pickup but if he was asking even what the bass sold for new, I would consider doing the deal. Oh well, maybe one day I’ll find a Neptune Blue PDN Bongo 4H.

bovinehost

Administrator
"He then told me that he is a wholesaler and gets stuff directly from EBMM all the time."

Ask him who he deals with at EBMM. The person's name. I can probably figure out exactly how full of it he is.

tbonesullivan

Their reverb account was opened in November 2017. They certainly don't appear to be buying stuff direct from manufacturers all the time.

My guess would be that a dealer they knew had it, it wasn't selling, and they managed to get them to come down a bunch on the price.

JayDawg

He won’t say who he deals with but said he gets emails all the time. Here is another message he sent me. He also said he bought a Dumble Amp directly from Sterling. His Reverb account is new but I think his eBay account has been around since 2006. From it, it looks like the guy is from Mooresville, North Carolina.

Here is the message he sent to me saying EBMM emails him all the time with deals.

Rrright
I only ever respond to the emails that they send me with close out deals, you know, they have say 6 guitars, the various dealers are on credit hold, that kind of thing, i'll send you the next email that comes directly to me, shouldn't be too long.

Big Poppa

hehehehhe Ive never owned a Dumble my brother did... we dont email people who arent dealers offering to undercut dealers. Did you say he added the single pu? that would void the warranty even if he had one in the first place. Run from this deal....not real

JayDawg

Thank you BP. I knew the guy had to be full of it. My dream bass is that PDN Bongo in a 4H but had he been honest and his price reasonable, I would have settled for the Bongo 4HS. Oh well, I’ll just keep looking in hopes that one day, I find that rare unicorn of a bass.

tbonesullivan

Looking at the pictures, it looks like a stock HS, and not a modification. Not sure why the seller refers to "adding" the S pickup.

However, the HS, and HH bongo move the pickup from the sweet spot, so I wouldn't want an HS Bongo anyway.

JayDawg

The guy on Reverb must really want me to believe that he buys direct. I haven’t heard from him in a while but he messaged me a short while ago saying this.

“Well, now you can believe it, here's my NAMM invite, would you like to meet on the booth, I assume that you have been invited and are going?
there were 4 attachments with clearout deals on guitars,basses etc, I can't include those as they are confidential prices for dealers only which I don't believe applies to you

Sterling by Music Man January Buy-In Special + NAMM Appointments

We hope you had a great holiday and are looking forward to a great New Year! We’re starting the year with a great sale right off the bat! Check out the great specials this month!

Sterling by Music Man January Promo:
ONE PIECE BUY-IN! Any one piece purchase, on any instrument in our lineup, Brings you on board as a dealer. No annual re-ups, minimum orders or further obligation required!
Higher Tier Pricing- Your Initial Buy-In receives higher tier pricing (ex. 1-2pcs receives 3-5pc Dealer Price. 3+pcs receive best pricing at 50+10)
20% Off on CT50, SR50, Ray34QM-AM/HB, Ray35QM-AM, Ray35CA-3TS/VC
Free Shipping on purchases over $2,500

---------------

NAMM is right around the corner, and we’ve got a ton of great new products we’re really excited about revealing January 25-28 in Anaheim, CA! We'll once again be in the Ernie Ball booth, #5220. I’ll be calling throughout the month to set up appointments for walkthroughs of our new products. If you want to get a jump on things, please give me a call at 714-532-6657 and book your appointment today!!”

JayDawg

That is what I responded back to him. I also told him that was nothing more than an invite to become a SBMM dealer. He then messaged me back about a Rod Bradley at Strings N Things in the UK, saying the invoices he gets from EBMM must be fake too. I’m not sure what that had to do with anything? Obviously the guy thinks is trying to get me to believe his story even though I have told him I know how EBMM does stuff. I just hope some person who doesn’t no better doesn’t come along and get scammed by the guy.

Top Bottom