• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Fz6hunter

Happy new years all. I have a question. I have a ebmm silhouette hsh white with tourtose shell pick guard and rosewood fretboard, burstbucker pros neck and bridge. I paid 1000 used for it. I have been looking at the axis guitars and a guy wants to trade me his ebmm axis sport mm90. Im really interested however, i dont think the axis sport mm90 is currently being made. So i cant really find the value. Does this sound like a fair trade? Thanks all.

Magic Jason

Sounds super fair to me...But also depends on condition, finish, options,...of both guitars!

Most important is you'll end up with a guitar you like more.

spychocyco

Silos and Sports tend to go in the same price range used, at least in my shopping experience. I'd say it's a very fair deal if the guitars are in a similar condition.

Fz6hunter

Thank you for the info. My silhouette is mint mint condition. His is gold colored and he assures me its in good condition. Truth is, i thought id really like the silhouette but not so much. What ive heard on youtube the axis sport with p90 has a tone im looking for. The guy will visit tomorrow and ill be able to look and listen.

Fz6hunter

Both guitars are the tremelo ebmm variety. On my silhouette i used 5 springs and hard tailed it, those trems are not good for extreme stunts. Imho.

Magic Jason

I'm yet to see a MM trem that doesn't stay in tune :).

And as much as I craved for a silo FOR YEARS and loved its looks, I didn't fall in love with it.

Are we blessed that MM offers such a wide variety of instruments (and keeps doing so). To each his own.

Last edited:

Fz6hunter

I got the axis mm90 today. I gotta admit, i played the silhouette before the guy brought the axis over, and i really love the way she sings. The gibson burstbucker pros really do her justice. Well, i really really like the axis, and that birdseye maple neck!!!. I think its a good trade. Really cool guy. He told me if after next band practice if i didnt love the axis's tone he would gladly retrade.

Wahoonc

I love my MM90 ASS. I bought it in mint used condition, thinking I would almost certainly sell it to make a tidy little profit. What can I say? I bonded with it instantly and two years or so later it’s still the guitar I play most often.

If the one you’re trading for is in as good condition as your Silo, that’s definitely a fair trade, in my opinion.

Tollywood

He'll gladly retrade if you're unsatisfied? That's pretty awesome. I think he knows you'll love it. Pics?

Top Bottom