• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Astrofreq

New guitar day! HUGE thanks to forumite Mike McKinney for selling me this 1-off factory special REFLEX in Buttercream with pearl pickguard. (It looks like Buttercream to me, can anyone verify?). Mike is the greatest and highly recommend him if ever buying a guitar. A true gentleman.

I have two Axis guitars already, but the chambered body in the Reflex gives an openness that the others don't have. The Axis' aren't "missing" that sound, this is just a different flavor and the Series/Parallel toggle switch is icing on the cake. My small beef with the Super Sports was always the 2 & 4 position, but on this guitar, those positions just shine, I think because of the chambered body and series option. SOOOO good.

The range of tones I have with the Axis', Valentine, Cutlass and now the Reflex is simply amazing!

The pictures on the Starry Night Cutlass don't do the sparkle justice at all. It has WAY more attitude than the pics show.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And the newest addition!!!

attachment.php

Last edited:

mrmckinney

Thanks, Daniel! Boy, I already miss that guitar. She looks to be in great company, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErnieJohn

Congrats on the Reflex, a great choice, especially in hard tail, I think it resonates even more. You’ve got a great collection there,

PS, you might want to feed your pets a bit extra during the winter, looks like a few didn’t make it ;)

dibart77

Nice! But those guitars in the rocks and stones is making me nervous! Don't scratch those beauties!

Top Bottom